• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Happened back in late Oct, early Nov of 2016.

I think they never recovered from the theft and problems with some employees making deals with their buddies.

Nothing firsthand but I do have a suppressor is pending with them via Silencer Shop. I was told by SS they will follow through with all the class3 transfers.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Happened back in late Oct, early Nov of 2016.

I think they never recovered from the theft and problems with some employees making deals with their buddies.

Nothing firsthand but I do have a suppressor is pending with them via Silencer Shop. I was told by SS they will follow through with all the class3 transfers.

The deals with their buddies was Grey Wolf. AFAIK the only people that worked at C&C were the owners. You're right in that C&C never really recovered from their burglary. It was local to me and I'd stop in every once in a while. After the burglary the prices went way up and they weren't competitive. They pretty much stopped being a stocking dealer and became a place to order guns and accessories. It sucks to see them go as they were really nice guys.
    Dan

Indycar:v1.1

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Not close enuf to the track
    They put too much of their operating capitol into silencers. While there is a good markup, the turn ratio didn't line up with their return on capital and in other words, they spent too much of their capital on items that don't turn quickly and subsequently ran out of operating capital.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    They put too much of their operating capitol into silencers. While there is a good markup, the turn ratio didn't line up with their return on capital and in other words, they spent too much of their capital on items that don't turn quickly and subsequently ran out of operating capital.

That makes a lot of sense. I bought some guns from them before the burglary and a lot of ammo. I didn't think their suppressor prices were that great so I didn't get any from them.
    Dan

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have 2 suppressor on hold with them. I actually called SS and got the contact info for them as they are still operating out of a residence as an FFL. I called and spoke with "John" there last week and they assured me they would be following through on all transfers.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Where is or was C & C Midwest Gun Shop located?

In Clermont on 136. It was just east of the Speedway in the little strip mall with the vacuum cleaner place.
    It looks like someone is moving into their old space. Not sure what type of place it will be.
    Dan

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Went by there today and from the signage it looks like a Mexican Restaurant is moving into the space. It's not that large of a place so I'm wondering if it will only be take-out.
    Dan

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I stopped in there 3 or 4 times. Never felt the love and the prices (before the issue) were high.

Similar experience. There was just no reason to go there, when I had PSS, and others close by, who had more of anything I was interested in. They may well have been more competitive with what other customers were interested in, but for my interests they had nothing that was of particular competitive advantage.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Even when demand is high you have to build a customer base. I went there several times and I agree with the above comments. I believe they just weren't aware of how to interact with customers, nothing overt.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Even when demand is high you have to build a customer base. I went there several times and I agree with the above comments. I believe they just weren't aware of how to interact with customers, nothing overt.

What's funny is they started out by doing gun shows. They were very outgoing and did a lot of business. I spoke with them at length at a 1500 and that's when one of the guys said they were opening a brick and mortar store in Clermont. I think they became jaded when people didn't swarm to them like they did at the shows.
    Dan

Top Bottom