Gun show Franklin, in. March 18th & 19th.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Posted in the Daily Journal news paper. Show at the Johnson county fair grounds, 250 Fair ground st. Sat. 9-5, Sun. 9-3.
    I have no connection just thought some close may be interested in attending.

jcoleman331

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 27, 2017
    SE Indy
    I was planning on going to the 1500 this weekend but then saw this. I'm still getting my feet wet here, but I'm confused as to why a smaller group would have a show the same time as a larger one in such close proximity.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    I was planning on going to the 1500 this weekend but then saw this. I'm still getting my feet wet here, but I'm confused as to why a smaller group would have a show the same time as a larger one in such close proximity.
    One of the reasons that you can always find at least one or two smaller shows the same weekend as the 1500 is the fact that many dealers don't want to pay $100 per table. I personally quit setting up at the 1500 when they raised table rent from $55 to $65. When I started setting up at that show, tables were $45.
    There are also a lot of customers that don't want to pay $5 to park 1/2 a mile away from the entrance and then pay way more than the average show for admission. It's A LOT of walking.
    That said, if you are looking to spend $1,000 or more on bulk ammo, the savings might be worth the extra admission and walking (if you have a cart to push the ammo a 1/2 mile back to your vehicle). They have a lot of merchandise at the 1500. If you have money to spend and know what you are looking for, it can be a good show to go to.
    I'll be in Franklin this weekend, maybe I'll see you there.

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    If this is the same organizer as last time, he/they cancelled it a few days before due to low RSVP from vendors... it was a pain to find it on their FB page or website (I can't recall which one had the info).

Hopefully it goes through this time!

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    If this is the same organizer as last time, he/they cancelled it a few days before due to low RSVP from vendors... it was a pain to find it on their FB page or website (I can't recall which one had the info).

Hopefully it goes through this time!

This is NOT the promoter that cancelled the show. This show is promoted by Central Indiana Gunshows. We haven't been there in two years. The show is definitely going to happen, I talked to the promoter about it this morning.

Indyal

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Any idea if someone will be selling old knives? I keep looking for that perfect bird and trout knife that calls to me.

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Any idea if someone will be selling old knives? I keep looking for that perfect bird and trout knife that calls to me.
    There are a couple vendors that have some older knives. I'm not much into knives myself so I don't know much about them and don't know what I'm looking at when it comes to older ones.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have been told in the past by gun shop owners, that the Indy 1500 sparks gun sales in general. This could be one more reason that some of the smaller shows set up at the same time as the 1500.
    I have not realized any real savings or hidden gems at the 1500 in a long time. I know others on here say they find little hidden treasures all the time at the 1500. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough. I live a little North of Greenwood, maybe I will hit the Franklin show, haven't been to it in a few years. Probably won't be near as crowded as the 1500, and there may be a hidden gem there.

sljccj

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2017
    Franklin
    I went to the 1500. I was pretty disappointed. I found that the items I was interested in were overpriced.
    I feel as though the people buying were impulse buying. I tend to shop around online and price compare the items I am interested in. For example I saw the new LCP 380 2 at the 1500 they wanted $339.00
    rkguns 279.00 Bob at Plainfield Shooting Supplies is even cheaper around 250.00 ish

thats just an example that caught my eye.

Last edited:

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    I went Sat. , waste of time and $ 5.00 looked like a flea market set up. Very few guns for sale

Top Bottom