• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    So since it's digital why not have it que on each pull and release if it is outrunning it. So you get max sustained fire as it is timing it perfectly for you, yet each firing is resulting from a trigger action even though it maybe be delayed a certain amount of ms?

LongGun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Columbus
    I saw that Indy Arms Company was doing a demo day on the Digi Trigger and the BFS this past Saturday. Didn't have the chance to go, but the triggers look sweet. Curious to see what the ATF has to say about them since they arent technically allowing full auto, just something very close for the trained trigger finger.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I saw that Indy Arms Company was doing a demo day on the Digi Trigger and the BFS this past Saturday. Didn't have the chance to go, but the triggers look sweet. Curious to see what the ATF has to say about them since they arent technically allowing full auto, just something very close for the trained trigger finger.

The last I've heard the ATF has ruled/allowed/opinioned in the positive for binary triggers. My concern is that a digital one like this can most probably be hacked and other modes put into it's menu. On a different angle a Pi board or even a electronic paintball board could possibly replace the stock board. Doing that would give a lot of different firing options. Years ago Tom Kaye made a paintball gun that was switchable from full mechanical to electronic. I don't see this as being much different in concept.
    Dan

Anima mundi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Southport
    Yeah this technology has been in paintball markers for years now and is pretty much the professional standard for speed and accuracy.

The first electronic AR triggers to come to the public market are probably not going to be terribly robust and as such are most likely going to find their niche in competition shooting. At least until they find out how to make them reliable and long-lived on the same level as mechanical triggers.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've test fired this already actually. I know a guy involved in the company and he put on a little private demo for some local gun shop owners and gun owners around town back in January. It is really nice actually. If it weren't so expensive I'd probably buy one.

I think it's like $500 and to get the "binary" or mode that fires with each pull and each release it's like $600! So a little too much for me when I start thinking of all the Gisele triggers I could buy with that. The trigger is a lot like a mouse click though and very nice. Also for those concerned you can turn off the grip safety. I wasn't a fan of it being there at all to be honest. Simple 9volt in the grip is good too, so it's not some odd battery you could possible not find anywhere. It also will work just like a manual trigger if you so desire but the pull is also much better than a mil spec trigger. It makes me think of a paintball gun trigger when checking it out. It also makes me wonder how much it would take for someone with some technological skills to put some more firing modes in to it (illegal but still).

I personally don't see a ton of advantage over a good 2 stage trigger, but you can really get it cooking with a high rate of fire for sure. We had to stop a couple of times to let the gun cool. If it's your thing I think it's probably one of the better options out there, but I haven't shot on the franklin armory trigger.

To sum it up, cool range toy IMO but very expensive. Again the fact it will function like a manual trigger should the electronics go out makes it "ok" but :spend:

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I'd love to get one on my bench but at $500-$600 that's not going to happen. I think hacking/cracking this would be fairly easy to do. I agree it would be a range toy in it's primal form and illegal in it's extended form. Question is if the lower is separated from the upper and the modified lower never sees a range is it still illegal?
    Dan

Papa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ohio
    I think hybrid triggers are most likely going to be the future. Shooters will be hard pressed to give up mechanical reliability to go completely digital for something that could have a dead battery, but the benefits are too great to disregard the technology all together. I will be curious to see how legislation evolves around these as they become more common and these get hacked.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I got a chance to try this at Indy Arms on Monday (I was there for a corporate sales shooting event) on a 9mm AR. It was interesting, but it seemed pretty finicky. I'm not sure it's ready for prime time yet.

They had also had a Sig MPX with a Franklin BFS installed, so it was great to be able to try both options back to back. The BFS took a little getting used to, but seemed to work better than the digital trigger.

Either way, I think I'll stick with my M16 and MP5. Simulating full auto is great and all, but why bother when you can get the real thing? :cool:

Still, if you can't get a real class III full auto, then I can see the appeal.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Either way, I think I'll stick with my M16 and MP5. Simulating full auto is great and all, but why bother when you can get the real thing? :cool:

Still, if you can't get a real class III full auto, then I can see the appeal.

I was just thinking it's yet another reason to argue why Hughes Amendment and NFA are antiquated and should be repealed. It's becoming more of a technical distinction than a functional one.

-rvb

Top Bottom