• jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    The DNR Manager of Winamac has just informed me of the following:

ust wanted to let you know that the Division of Fish and Wildlife has given the directive that the Winamac shooting range will be manned by a range officer at all times during operating hours. This will begin on April the 1st. As a result, the operating days and hours will be adjusted. The range will be open Friday through Tuesday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. eastern time. The range will be closed on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Day. The days and hours of operation will remain the same throughout the whole year.

This will not affect the Family Fun Shoot. We will begin the event at 8:00 a.m. eastern time as in the past.

Short summary
    - Range will now be open on Mondays
    - Range will be CLOSED Wed and Thrs
    - Range hours have changed to 9AM to 5PM EST (all year long)

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I have been anticipating changes since this time last year when I was informed changes might be in the works. As a local resident and a retiree the changes won't personally affect me much. Locals whose who work until 4:30 or 5 will now have to shoot on weekends, which are more crowded. It would be nice if the original 7 pm closing time would have been kept.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Last year the DNR range officer at the range mentioned that there would be a good chance of this hours and days changing starting in 2017. Guess it has come to be. I see good and bad. At least it is still free to shoot at the Winy range...for now. That may change as well, who knows?

dugsagun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    portage
    (takes a claw hammer blow to the head...)Hey i have a great idea! Lets take the nicest free shooting range that's about an hour from Cabelas & Bass pro shops, the stores that sell the most guns in northwest indiana, and close the range during the middle of the week AND shave two hours off the time it's open during the busy months. I am sure everyone will be soooo happy happy happy <----(Sarcasm]. Kingsburys crowed and pay, willow slough is pay, last time i was at jasper-pulaski the benches were falling apart. It seems to me the dnr's long term goal is neglect till shut down then "improve" to pay. :(

Top Bottom