• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marcia

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2017
    Zionsville
    I found this training class : Rifle 125 Basic Rifle Two day training class I found on revere riders. I have an M24 and my goal is to move up to long range shooting. I do need to start at the basics. Would you recommend this class?

Thanks. New to the group

Marcia

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2017
    Zionsville
    I found this training class : Rifle 125 Basic Rifle Two day training class I found on revere riders. I have an M24 and my goal is to move up to long range shooting. I do need to start at the basics. Would you recommend this class?

Thanks. New to the group

yes we met on Sunday

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper

Thanks. New to the group

Hello Marcia, Welcome to INGO! I am an instructor with Revere's Riders and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

What is your rifle experience? That will help me to know if what we offer will benefit you in the type of shooting you would like to pursue. I know I was a descent shot before I ever took my first instruction and it has greatly improved my consistency and accuracy. It will give you a very good foundation to build upon. As with a lot of things a good foundation can make building upon those skills so much easier.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Marcia

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2017
    Zionsville
    Hello Marcia, Welcome to INGO! I am an instructor with Revere's Riders and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

What is your rifle experience? That will help me to know if what we offer will benefit you in the type of shooting you would like to pursue. I know I was a descent shot before I ever took my first instruction and it has greatly improved my consistency and accuracy. It will give you a very good foundation to build upon. As with a lot of things a good foundation can make building upon those skills so much easier.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Thank you! I honestly have very little experience and need the basics to build upon. I have most of my gun handling experience from handguns. Thanks

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Thank you! I honestly have very little experience and need the basics to build upon. I have most of my gun handling experience from handguns. Thanks

I have been to 3 Revere Rider's events and they are very helpful. I remember attending my first thinking that a rifle sling was just for carrying the rifle. Using it while actually shooting was an eye opener for me. :)

Learning how zero sights was very helpful, though I still have to work on the math portion of it. lol.

NPOA was a great help for me. Something I didn't know about prior.

I think with the help of the classes and if I can get my vision issues worked out, I could actually become a decent shot one day!

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County

Thanks. New to the group

Definitely take the basic class. I have taken the basic rifle class maybe 6 or 8 times in the last 5 years. Not only to you get a great foundation of marksmanship skills; but, you also learn and practice range etiquette which you will need as you advance to the Known Distance events. Not to mention, it is just good practice!

Take a tip from a fella that learned the hard way: Get yourself a nice .22 with sling mounts for the basic class. The skill set they teach will transfer to your M24; but, it is a lot more cost effective and easier on the shoulder. I shot my first event with a Yugo SKS. Shooting 400 rounds through that thing in 2 days really pounded me. I shoot the basic courses with a Ruger 10/22 now.

I took my first shot(...pun intended) at shooting over 100 yards in February with the Revere's Riders Known Distance Field Rifle course. It was the thrill of a life time actually make hits at 400 and 500 yards.

If you go to the Training Section of INGO under the Revere's Riders tab, you can check out some of the "After Action Reports". The smiles on the attendee's faces in the AAR pictures says it all!

I look forward to meeting you at an event sometime soon! Rumor has it, there might be another K.D. event at Atterbury in the Fall.

Oh...and welcome to INGO!

Last edited:

Marcia

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2017
    Zionsville
    Thank you everyone for responding! So excited to be in the group! I will be bringing my husband's A17 (FYI I bought for him two years ago in Nov bc he told me it was national buy your husband a gun month and being the cool wife I am I did buy him one). I know what it is like to get beat up after shooting hundreds of rounds with my AR15.

I look forward to meeting people and yes hope to be attending events.

One last request. Does you recommend any book on the fundamentals for me to get and read before taking the class? Thanks! Marcia

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    RobbyMac and I met this new member and her husband at the 1500. She seems to be adamant in this.
    Love to see new members come in that are this focused.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    RobbyMac and I met this new member and her husband at the 1500. She seems to be adamant in this.
    Love to see new members come in that are this focused.

Wait a minute...there are rifle classes? Something that would help my shooting with my 30-06 for deer hunting?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom