• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Hi all.

I have a TLR-1 That I have been using on my Glock 21. The other day I found that the switch cap was coming apart. I ordered a replacement to fix it. I have two other Streamlights and have never had a problem with them. I assume that this was just a fluke and after replacing the tail switch everything will be good.

The question is have you had any problems with yours?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I have five of them and two of them broke on my Glock 19 and 17. Both had the metal pin that the latch attaches too. They still work as long as I did not take it off the gun. It made it through a training class that way.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I just checked out the price on the Surefire handgun light. They are proud of it. That is a little steep for me buy at least $150. I thought the Streamlinght was costly at $100. The cheapest I could find the Surefire light for was $270.

I guess I will have to stick with the Surefire till I hit the loto. It has worked for me for 4 years with out any problems till now. So after I replace the switch cap it should be good for another few years. Then the other two I have haven't given me any problems. Then they aren't as old.

I do have one of the Surefire flash lights and I like it a lot. It's light and handy, plus it 's very bright. I paid around $70 for that and thought that was a lot of money for a flash light. I have never had any problems out of it.

If I have more problems with the Streamlight after replacing the tail switch I may have to look into getting the Surefire because I need it to work every time I use it. It is on the Glock 21 that answers questionable noises at night.

Thank you all for your replies.

Lonehoosier mine didn't brake like that it came apart where that rubber seal meats the switch. It is only $11 to replace the end cap switch to make it good to go. I ordered two just to have a extra. Mine still works with the thing coming apart. So it really didn't fail to work. I just don't know how long it will keep on working before it comes all the way apart.

Kperkins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2018
    Logansport
    I've been happy with my Streamlight products and have all my holsters to fit them. I do wish I had gotten the holsters to fit both Streamlights and Surefires because Surefires are definitely built tougher.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I had a Surefire that just quit working out of the blue. It was older, but I didn’t care for it. All my Streamlights have been flawless. I’ve had the same one on my duty gun for several years through the elements and it’s been a champ. I’ve also had the same rechargeable Strion for nearly 9 years of duty and nary a hiccup. For the price, I can’t beat them.

Top Bottom