Full-sized Conceal Carry Nirvana Achieved!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I have to say that I found a match made in heaven with my M&P40 m2.0 and the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0. If you add them up, you get a perfect 5 out of 5 stars in my book.

I just received the new Alien Gear holster, and after adjusting it to my taste I took it for a test drive... Literally! From walking, to sitting, to driving, the full size M&P just feels like it isn't even there. The soft neoprene-backed holster is so soft, yet it is reinforced with steel in just the right places to keep its form, and it holds the full-size pistol snug against the body in the 4 o'clock position. It really seems to melt right into my body without any noticeable pressure points.

I can say without hesitation that the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 is far and away a better holster than the DeSantis Intruder holster that it just replaced, even though they look very much alike. Don't get me wrong, the Intruder is an exceptional holster, but the Alien Gear 3.0 is in a league of its own when it comes to comfort.

I've carried full-sized pistols both IWB and OWB for many, many years, and I can tell you with certainty, that this is the most unobtrusive IWB holster that I have ever felt, or not felt.

If you can't tell yet, I am a fan of the Cloak Tuck 3.0, and would say that if you are going to conceal carry a full-size pistol, you really cannot do better than this.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    If you like the Alien Gear you would love the Stealth Gear holsters IMHO thy are significantly nicer materially and in the fit and finish department. Cool CQC-7 BTW

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    If you like the Alien Gear you would love the Stealth Gear holsters IMHO thy are significantly nicer materially and in the fit and finish department. Cool CQC-7 BTW

I have looked at Stealth Gear Holsters on a few occasions. I just wondered if the waffle effect on my skin would be irritating over time. Maybe it's just in my head, but that is just how it appears to me.

Thanks for the recommendation. I might have to look into SG Holsters in the future.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    one thing i did to my AG holster was file the shell for more clearance where my middle finger bumps it. i called AG and asked if it would affect the warranty and they told me any mods I needed to do to make it fit my body was covered still. Great CS.

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    I carry a Beretta M9 in a Clock 3. It feels like I am not carrying anything. I had a Cloak 2 and the liner broke. AG replaced it with the Cloak 3 base for $9 shipped. I will not buy anything else.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I have to say that I found a match made in heaven with my M&P40 m2.0 and the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0. If you add them up, you get a perfect 5 out of 5 stars in my book.

I just received the new Alien Gear holster, and after adjusting it to my taste I took it for a test drive... Literally! From walking, to sitting, to driving, the full size M&P just feels like it isn't even there. The soft neoprene-backed holster is so soft, yet it is reinforced with steel in just the right places to keep its form, and it holds the full-size pistol snug against the body in the 4 o'clock position. It really seems to melt right into my body without any noticeable pressure points.

I can say without hesitation that the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 is far and away a better holster than the DeSantis Intruder holster that it just replaced, even though they look very much alike. Don't get me wrong, the Intruder is an exceptional holster, but the Alien Gear 3.0 is in a league of its own when it comes to comfort.

I've carried full-sized pistols both IWB and OWB for many, many years, and I can tell you with certainty, that this is the most unobtrusive IWB holster that I have ever felt, or not felt.

If you can't tell yet, I am a fan of the Cloak Tuck 3.0, and would say that if you are going to conceal carry a full-size pistol, you really cannot do better than this.

I would love to try this holster with both my Glock 30, as well as my Glock 21 to see if it hides the weapon well. Thing is, holsters are so expensive, and once you`ve bought them, they`re yours.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I would love to try this holster with both my Glock 30, as well as my Glock 21 to see if it hides the weapon well. Thing is, holsters are so expensive, and once you`ve bought them, they`re yours.

I can only say that the AG 3.0 hides my full-sized M&P better than other hybrids that I've used like the DeSantis or Crossbreed. It does this by pushing the grip inward toward the body, rather than letting the belt pull the grip outward. My guess is that this is done via the spring steel inserts in the backing, but this is only my guess... I just know that it works. I was wearing a fairly tight fitting button-up shirt yesterday and my wife confirmed that she could not tell that I was wearing my full-sized M&P.

If not printing is your biggest concern, you may want to look at the Clinger No-print Wonder holster. This is one that I almost bought, but went for the known comfort of the AG 3.0 instead. I am satisfied with my choice, and I'm happy with the retention of the AG as well.

Last edited:

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    So is the 3.0 that much better than the 2.0? I bought a couple 2.0s and the crossbreed was way better than those. The AGs just set in the little used holster box. The AG was just too floppy in comparison to the crossbreed.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    So is the 3.0 that much better than the 2.0? I bought a couple 2.0s and the crossbreed was way better than those. The AGs just set in the little used holster box. The AG was just too floppy in comparison to the crossbreed.

Yep.

It's the addition of the spring steel insert that makes it a 3.0. No more floppy holster, and much more comfortable than the crossbreed. I have both and the AG is indeed better.

baldmax

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    North Liberty
    the 2.0 has a plastic liner, the 3.0 uses a metal liner. The liner snapped in the 2.0 and was replaced with no hassle. Great customer service. The 3.0 is sturdier than the 2.0.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Alien Gear 3.0 Update:

As a real test of comfort, I decided to wear the AG 3.0 on a trip from South Bend, IN to Louisville, KY to attend the Mid America Truck Show. I started my journey by dressing around the AG 3.0 in the early morning, and headed off on my drive of almost 5 hours, followed by a booth, to booth, to booth walk around the 1 million s.f. Kentucky Exposition Center. I then headed out to dinner and then an evening check-in at my hotel, all while wearing the AG 3.0 in invisible comfort. It really did not feel like I was wearing a firearm at all, much less a full-sized handgun at that. The next morning, I reversed the previous days events while wearing the AG 3.0 and found that it was so comfortable while walking, sitting or driving that I REALLY did forget that I had it on.

With all my gushing over the AG 3.0, one would think that I am new to carrying, but nothing could be further from the truth. I have been carrying firearms for decades, and this is the first time I have gushed on any holster... Yes, it is that good.

When concealednation.org held its "The Best Holster In The History Of Ever, Version 2016" survey, Alien Gear came out on top by a very wide margin. I can now see why.

Top Bottom