• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whatwehavehere

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2017
    Indiana
    Do any Wal marts sell guns anymore? They don't near me. The gun section keeps shrinking too. Recently there wasn't a jar of hoppe's or even a place to put one in the gun aisle of my closest wal mart. Fishing section's shrinking too.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Several years ago Walmart decided to do away with fireatms but that didn't last very long. Most Walmarts started stocking long guns back in their stores pro a ly within 2 years.

I remember when you use to be able to buy handguns in the store, then they went to you had to order handguns from a book they had then they cut out handguns all together.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Yes. A lot do sell long arms.

Back in the day, they also sold handguns.

Bought my Taurus 92 from Wal Mart!

Ah, the good old days! I believe Sheryl Crow might have had a hand in the decision by Wal Mart to stop selling handguns. One of her songs had lyrics along the lines of "little timmy was gunned down by a gun bought at Wal Mart savings store". Big stink about it back then, wasn't long after that no more handguns were displayed.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Guns have disappeared from the Walmarts in the Fort. They still have a shelf or shooting supplies, a case for ammo, and a display for scopes; but the weapons are gone, including the black powder ones. Surprisingly, GM is the best option for good selection. There are several LGS locations, but they tend to have less inventory than GM.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    The Wally worlds in Logansport and Rochester Indiana sell guns. However, I do not believe any Wal-Marts sell AR15's any longer? They(Wal-Mart) decided to stop selling them right after the Sandy Hook tragedy. Not to "hijack" this thread, but my son who works at Wal-Mart witnessed Bushmaster AR's going out the door for $100.00 during the time Wal-Mart was doing away with AR's they had in stock. They had deeply discounted what they had in stock just to get rid of them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If you havent noticed, guns are hit or miss, and not in every store. Rural stores, absolutely. They sell them.

They did pull them from ALL stores (post Sandy Hook?) But after a few years they returned slowly to select stores. Seems the farther away from a big city you go, the more likely they are to be found. From my travels, Ive found there are more that do sell long guns than dont.

Last edited:

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    I bought my Sig AR-15 from the Walmart in Greenfield and, last I was there, it still carries rifles and shotguns. The Noblesville Walmart on 37 stocks them, too (rifles and shotguns, not ARs), but I believe that is a recent (re?)addition.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    The one in Noblesville started selling long guns around a year ago. No ARs, but they do carry semi-autos, bolt actions, and shotties. I swear I've seen an occasional lever action in the case as well.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Muncie and Portland after sandy hook said they were going to be a few of the select stores that were going to keep selling long guns. Haven't been back to that area of the store much due to extreme lousy customer service when trying to buy ammo in past.

sig-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    North
    Auburn Indiana sells long guns and shot guns. I think they have a mini 14 also. No longer carry the evil black guns. Decatur Walmart same story.

Top Bottom