Tonight seven LEO's pull up and draw pistols/rifles Greenwood Main St.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    Tonight about 6pm I was stopped on Main Street of Greenwood heading west toward Emerson in front of the Starbucks. Eastbound police car has his lights on and he pulls over a sedan that goes into the Starbucks. Six more police cars follow the first one and all the LEO's get out and draw their handguns or open their trunks and sport rifles. They approach the sedan and the stop light i'm waiting for turns green and I have to drive on. Anyone know any details about this? Just curious.

Taylor22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 3, 2016
    Morgan county
    Were they all Greenwood cars? 6 is pretty near a full shift if I recall correctly. Could have been a felony stop and all the boys in blue just happened to be nearby

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    Mighta been some dude walking around some crap hole motel in the area with an AK looking rifle that turned out to be a pellet/BB gun... mighta been...

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    It's 9/10 of a mile from my house to the proposed location... And I kind of do want it. But mainly for the fitness center and not the ice rink - and certainly not the added traffic.

To me it's Greenwood trying to become Carmel without the round-abouts.
    Dan

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    There getting ready to build another round-about in Greenwood, though. Even closer to my house than the ice rink!

I'm all for the round abouts, actually. I think they're needed at a lot more intersections, actually. The one at Averitt and Main, however, is getting ready to get a LOT busier once the one at Smith Vally and Yorktown begins construction. North-bound traffic on Averitt still stacks up at the roundabout @ main because the volume on Main is still quite high and there aren't enough gaps to allow the ninnies in.

mstagg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Roundabouts are nice. The problem is dumbasses not knowing how they work. People stopping to let people in, people treating the yield signs as stop signs... etc...

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Roundabouts are nice. The problem is dumbasses not knowing how they work. People stopping to let people in, people treating the yield signs as stop signs... etc...
    I don't really consider them dumbasses (well, in regard to roundabouts, anyway) because it's a fairly new thing around this part of the world. If somebody decides to put a roundabout in a place where nobody has ever encountered one, there's gonna be problems! Have you seen or driven through the ones on hwy 62 in southern Indiana? Good lord, I'm an experienced driver, and that mess scares me!

Top Bottom