• ...and so much more!
  • DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Not me. I drove 3 hours for a 400.00 shotgun that was suddenly 500.00 when I got there. Fxxx 'em.

The shame of it is, when I was a little kid and we went up to visit my aunts and uncles in the neighborhood, going there was a real treat for us.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    Fetla's was a great place and right on the way to my father in-laws place. I bought tons of ammo from them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    But, when it was a junk store it was great. They had EVERYTHING.
    Then they tried to go "high end quality". Not so good.

I still remember the Army Navy Surplus on State Street in Hammond, with the old druggie/drunk out front bumming change.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Fetlas was taken to court over selling guns to gang bangers in Gary . The city backed them into a corner and Fetlas caved .several other smaller shops were also involved don't remember their outcome. They tried to make a comeback but the restrictions were too hard to comply with ,the original owner left the business and it just could not over come the bad press and bad management

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Fetlas was taken to court over selling guns to gang bangers in Gary . The city backed them into a corner and Fetlas caved .several other smaller shops were also involved don't remember their outcome. They tried to make a comeback but the restrictions were too hard to comply with ,the original owner left the business and it just could not over come the bad press and bad management

But yet Don's here in Indy still survives? Sad!

whatwehavehere

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 12, 2017
    Indiana
    But, when it was a junk store it was great. They had EVERYTHING.
    Then they tried to go "high end quality". Not so good.

I still remember the Army Navy Surplus on State Street in Hammond, with the old druggie/drunk out front bumming change.

A great rainy day in childhood would be my mom or dad taking us kids to Army Navy and Wayne's Trick Shop.

jasonh31

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    North Manchester
    Fetlas settled out of court and paid Gary, other shops either won or it got thrown out not sure. My Dad has several guns from there, also said it and Norms by Columbia City were the best.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I bought a few from Jim Shema, as well as my first Dillon. He and his wife were good people. Do you know what ever happened with them?
    Jim and Kathy are still around and can sometimes be seen at NPCCC. North Porter Counry Conservation Club

Top Bottom