Knob Creek Dixie hiway vendors or roadside vendor feedback.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    Does anyone ever stop at the roadside vendors on the way to or from the machine gun shoot? What's your take on It? Are you too tired to stop? Broke? Is there a certain place that you always stop and get a good deal? Do you know someone that sets up along Dixie hiway? I'm thinking of trying this out and wanted some feedback. I sell things that can be bought cheaper than at the creek and haven't been able to acquire vendor space inside.

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    We've stopped at a few of them. Found a good deal on ammo cans at one of them one year
    Are most of them selling cans? I think I can beat just about anybody's price. It might be hard to find a spot if everyone has the same stuff in one location. Being the new guy and all.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I have always liked stopping in at Biffs gun world... It was more of an adventure when they were more congested with stock in years past. Guns were stacked 3 & 4 deep in the racks & one would have to step over cannon barrels on the ground... But still a nice stop on the way back home..

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I have stopped at a few. Found a nice set of Bates Gore-Tex boots for my son in his size, and looked brand new for only $30. He wears them in the woods and would have in the snow if we had any this winter... I always wear my old pair in crappy weather. The only part of my uniform I can still fit into. The rest all must have been washed in hot water and shrank. I swear that is what happened.

Also got a pic of my son in front of the Girls Girls Girls place, he texted it to his friends just to mess with them (he had just turned 17 at the time).

Biffs is fun to stop in, but not during Knob Creek weekend, it is packed and there is not much room to walk in the first place. My son and I visit there on another weekend we feel like getting out of the house when nothing else is going on. I think he bought a Cold Steel machete one time but I have never found anything priced low enough that I just had to have it.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Never been to a machine gun shoot or Knob Creek. Drove past it once but it proved to be a longer way home. However, Biff's looks like a pretty cool shop, we drive Dixie Hwy from the Gene Snyder freeway passed the turn off to Knob Creek about 15 minutes to Ohio Valley Dragway. Can't really say there are any good stops along the way. And the people that I've seen set up along the way always look to be selling junk

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    WooHoo!!!!! River Girls!!!

Don't forget the Sin Din or the Adult Book store with the private booths.

Some classy classy stuff down there

It is adjacent to a military base. I'm just surprised there aren't more places like that down there.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I have always liked stopping in at Biffs gun world... It was more of an adventure when they were more congested with stock in years past. Guns were stacked 3 & 4 deep in the racks & one would have to step over cannon barrels on the ground... But still a nice stop on the way back home..
    Going there in the end of April. Riding the Bourbon Trail Cowboy Shoot and Knob Creek.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    There used to be about twice as many back in the 80's and 90's. I guess the "talent" dried up.

Driven through that stretch from the Gene Snyder south as far as US60 and there are plenty of those establishments. Never stopped at any but I'm not sure there's much "talent". I base that simply on I always drive through on a Saturday afternoon (headed to a track) or on the way home from the track between 11p- 1a and none of those places seem to ever have more than 3 or 4 cars in the lot. I do admit it's not exactly an erea I would want to break down in either

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Been down a bunch of times and drive by those junk guys. Piles of rusty ammo cans and junk.

Not only does it look like junk we are ready to hit the range after a six hour drive down.

There are no deals down there anyhow. People from all over bring bags of cash to spend. If you don't buy it the next guy in line behind you will.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    It is adjacent to a military base. I'm just surprised there aren't more places like that down there.

Yup, a lot of tattoo parlors, Chinese restaurants, and pawn shops. Definitely military base

Every time I go to Ohio I'm amazed they still have drive through liquor stores.
    Dan

Yup, every time I see on in Ohio or Kentucky I'm sad we don't have them here.

Always found them ironic though

Top Bottom