• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    I just got done at point blank shooting range shooting my new rifle and my handgun that I just got back from a friend after 7 years, my 45 shot perfect no problems I went through a box of 50rds and shot pretty good. Next my new AR15 I had shot once before I bought it and now again, it shot good and I got to try my new amend2 magazine worked great no problems. I left them at the shop to be cleaned and inspected, I can't wait to go shooting again.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I think we are all curious why you left them to be cleaned and inspected? One of the best ways to familiarize yourself with a weapon is to take it apart and clean it.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Glad to see you had a positive experience. Hope you have many more.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    @jd4320t yes I requested, I'm not familiar with what is normal looking after shooting normal wear so I wanted a pro to look at it and let me know if it's all good, and I don't have a cleaning kit yet, so after that I will do it myself,

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Burt keep in mind the mindset of a lot of these members are to poke fun and ridicule without ever leaving their armchair. I would be surprised if a lot of them have even fired a single round this year. Stay your course and keep learning. The hard part is separating the wheat from the chaff. And just because they have a large post count or have a special color, or lack thereof, in their user name means nothing.
    Dan

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Good for you. I love range time.
    Now that you have them clean you don't have to do it again for a while.
    I pushed one of my Colt ARs 3,000 rds before I pulled it down and cleaned it just to see how long I could run before cleaning it.
    It could have gone more but I hated to see it that dirty.
    Shoot away.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    @danvolis wow thanks I really appreciate that, i want to get back into training with my tactical Jedi master lol he is a amazing teacher, from the targets I shot I'm hitting low left center not the best but still the target will die. I need practice

@halfmileharry I watched a video on YouTube about cleaning a AR and he mentioned after a few thousand rounds it need to be cleaned but like I said I wanted it professionally inspected after its first time shooting 3 full mags and I don't have a cleaning kit yet so that's on my need list

hog slayer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2015
    Camp Lejeune, NC
    Burt keep in mind the mindset of a lot of these members are to poke fun and ridicule without ever leaving their armchair. I would be surprised if a lot of them have even fired a single round this year. Stay your course and keep learning. The hard part is separating the wheat from the chaff. And just because they have a large post count or have a special color, or lack thereof, in their user name means nothing.
    Dan

This is too funny and oftentimes true.

Keep moving in the right direction Burton. You've got a lot to learn, yet. If I remember right, you have a lot of years ahead of you to do that learning

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Dan

Positive comment Dan. Keep up the good work.
    It is good this one got off to and is maintaining a positive tone. Many of the OP's threads in the past have not.

The popcorn just means someone is watching the thread. As in :popcorn: and a movie. Get it.
    No one was poking fun.

Burt there are several members that would help you find your way through the disassembly and maint. of your firearms.

Last edited:

TheBoss930

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Dan

150 this week actually.

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    @churchmouse I appreciate that and the popcorn pic is funny so it's all good lol, the vid I saw was hickok45 he took a AR apart for cleaning looked so easy but he just sprayed the insides with some lube/cleaner stuff, but I need to learn what's normal wear and not something not working right,

Top Bottom