• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I have to admit I am impressed with this. I do wish he had fired the .50 BMG though!

[video=youtube_share;MUlLXNPCap4]http://youtu.be/MUlLXNPCap4[/video]​

Dan

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I think it may have been right after Sandy Hook, but I remember reading about a young couple, in their 20's I think, bought an AR-15 at a gun show.
    They also bought ammunition, but obviously knew not what they were doing.

They set up a "range" in the hall of their 2nd floor apartment.
    Sandbag to shoot from at one end of the hall.
    The other end, they stacked a couple of cardboard boxes filled with newspaper or something in front of the washing machine and started firing.

They stopped when management knocked on the door to inform them that there was a water leak.
    They had shot through a water line.
    Round went through their boxes, the washing machine, the wall, and a water-line in the wall.

Washing machines are not sufficient backstops for .223.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    This ^^^^^. Hopefully the wife doesn't mind a light coating of Gun smoke and lead on everything. :):

Rong

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    NE Indiana
    I can remember a similar set up in my basement but only rimfire :). One of the reasons I miss the old Penney's and Sears Christmas catalogs. I have to give him credit, he was smart enough to wait until his wife left.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    That is just so bad for just so many reasons. People like him is why I wished I lived in a bunker.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Not a new idea at all.

4972710838_14886971a7.jpg

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Indoor ranges were a big thing in the 20s & 30s.. They even made bullet stops to install in your basement or parlor depending on your house..
    This one is called an X-Ring Centrifugal.. It has a cone on the back that lets the bullet tucker itself out by spinning around.. It will tear the bullets apart. They were rated for like 45 acp on down.. I have heard of people using magnum rounds in them without damage (not recommended).. and even 30-06 rounds in them at 100 yards (not recommended)

Units like this were big over in Europe for Military pistol practice..

rimg.php

rimg.php

rimg.php

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    When I was in CO in the '70's they issued a public safety bulleting to tell people that if they uses a .30-30 for defense it would go through their entire apartment building...apparently that was a thing.

I've often thought of a home shooting range...the issues though are difficult to overcome; difficult and expensive to do it right.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    He is in big trouble when wifey gets home LOL. I wonder what was on the other side of that wall had he missed his target...

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I've seen several of his videos and I initially thought he was an idiot. He does some pretty dangerous stuff. But he is a veterinarian and his Dad is a doctor so I think he's more an outrageous, privileged young man who figured out that social media pays very well. He has quite a Youtube audience so I'm guessing Mrs. Demolition Ranch helps with the production of the videos as they pay for her Range Rover.

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    Admittedly I have watched most of his videos. He has 3 channels, Demolition Ranch, Off the Ranch, and Vet Ranch. Watch more of his videos before judgement is made.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Admittedly I have watched most of his videos. He has 3 channels, Demolition Ranch, Off the Ranch, and Vet Ranch. Watch more of his videos before judgement is made.

I take all of these YouTube stars with a grain of salt. I have a YouTube channel and I could post a ton of videos but does that qualify my videos? Volume does not equal quality or accuracy. Still a lot of them are fun to watch.
    Dan

Top Bottom