• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    First single action! (Range trip update)

I have always loved single action revolvers but never had a chance to own one, until today! After searching a long time for this gun I finally found one and pick her up today!

Ruger Vaquero with 3.75in barrel, birdshead grip in 44mag. The birdshead grip feels amazing in hand, I can't wait to get out and shoot this beautiful gun.

shoutout to Miles of Firearms llc in fishers for the smooth transfer, plus free for military and veterans!

Crappy iPad Picture just doesn't do it justice.

image_zpsic3alour.jpeg

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have one in .45 ACP.....Only because they did not have them in .44 magnum at the time...Congrats....Looks like this...

wm_6243784.jpg

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    I was really torn between the 45lc and the 44mag. It more or less came down to which was in stock. I'm glad I didn't hesitate because it was last one they had. I've never owned a 44mag so it will certainly be an experience shooting it in this tiny(relatively) package.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I had a thing for singles for awhile. Rugers are great.

Would not want to shoot that thing with magnums in it. Might be a sweet heart with specials though. Just have to experiment with it. Easy to do if you hand load.

I had a 10.5" barreled Super Blackhawk and couldn't take the abuse.

Wad cutters loaded with Unique would be a nice starting point. In the special variety.

Wouldn't mind having the 45 acp version.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Very pretty. I have several Ruger Blackhawks, but have always admired the looks of yours. I would go with the .45 Colt just because I have tried to stay with it instead of the .44s.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    I ordered it from tombstone Tactical in Arizona. My brother in law is from there and spoke highly of them and their selection. Right now the have the birdshead in 45lc blued version in stock (of course right after I order mine) and they also have the 45acp in blued and stainless...each version is $609.40 and free shipping.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I've been married for 11 years so I can't remember anything worthy of posting in this thread.

Edit to add: sorry, next time I'll read more than the title. :):

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I have always loved single action revolvers but never had a chance to own one, until today! After searching a long time for this gun I finally found one and pick her up today!

Ruger Vaquero with 3.75in barrel, birdshead grip in 44mag. The birdshead grip feels amazing in hand, I can't wait to get out and shoot this beautiful gun.

shoutout to Miles of Firearms llc in fishers for the smooth transfer, plus free for military and veterans!

Crappy iPad Picture just doesn't do it justice.

View attachment 54310

NIce gun, the Birdshead grip really works with that shorter barrel

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I have one in .45 ACP.....Only because they did not have them in .44 magnum at the time...Congrats....Looks like this...

Mr Ucky, Do you have to use moon clips with that or does the cylinder allow you to drop the rounds in like normal??? Beautiful revolver, In an old folksy kind of way.. :)

Top Bottom