• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glockman20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Ok, I am new to this forum as you can see by my less than 50 post and I am not even sure if I am putting this into the right forum.... But, I got two notifications and they were about reputation points... didn't even know this sight had anything like that but I guess it does.. anyway one was a positive comment and the other was not.. without saying who it was the other person did not like my short comment on one of my reply's and stated and I quote "this is not what Ingo is for" and kind of said something about me just trying to get 50 post... I don't understand what happens at 50 post to make it so important? sometimes a short rely to a post is all you need... could someone help explain to me what the problem is? if I am going to be policed and criticized on every comment I make maybe I made a mistake joining... I really hope not seems to be a great forum up to this point.:ingo:

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    INGO, where grown men can act like kids with a keyboard. I wouldn't take it personally whatever they say considering it's the internet.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Ok, I am new to this forum as you can see by my less than 50 post and I am not even sure if I am putting this into the right forum.... But, I got two notifications and they were about reputation points... didn't even know this sight had anything like that but I guess it does.. anyway one was a positive comment and the other was not.. without saying who it was the other person did not like my short comment on one of my reply's and stated and I quote "this is not what Ingo is for" and kind of said something about me just trying to get 50 post... I don't understand what happens at 50 post to make it so important? sometimes a short rely to a post is all you need... could someone help explain to me what the problem is? if I am going to be policed and criticized on every comment I make maybe I made a mistake joining... I really hope not seems to be a great forum up to this point.:ingo:

50 posts is what you need to participate in the classifieds. Those 50 posts are watched to make sure they are quality posts, not just fluff to build numbers. Short or off topic posts are not considered quality. It's designed to make if difficult for those that have no interest in participating in the forum to just show up and turn INGO into another craigslist clone.

Good example is this. It just happened within the past 30 minutes.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/introductions-greetings/434308-i-would-like-buy-sleeping-bag.html

You are right there with 49. Make another good post and don't worry about it. It's nothing personal and after you get there your posts are no longer scrutinized like before.

The rep system is actually broken right now and has been for a while.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    F**k a bunch of "rep" points!!! If gangs roamed the hoods like the good ol boys here,we'd all be in trouble. Like anywhere,there's those who think they are the elite and you'll get to know who they are. Just hang with it,stay below the radar and enjoy what use to be a good thing.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I find it amusing how some people complain about people complaining.

Oh snap.... did I just complain about people complaining about people complaining? Would that be complaining to the third degree?

And where is this good ole boys club? I thought INGO was just an INTERNET FORUM. I sure hope nobody kicks my dog or there's gonna be trouble. :runaway:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

Oh snap.... did I just complain about people complaining about people complaining? Would that be complaining to the third degree?

And where is this good ole boys club? I thought INGO was just an INTERNET FORUM. I sure hope nobody kicks my dog or there's gonna be trouble. :runaway:
    I kicked your dog yesterday, you didn't do nuthin' so I'll kick him and/or her(can't be gender specific) again tomorrow!

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort

To start with "Reputation Points" are given by other members when they agree (or disagree) with what you stated in a post and / or the way you made your statement. Don't know if it is working right now, but when it works there is a message posted on your "notification" site letting you know why they gave you + or - points. As far as negative comments I think that happens on all sites. By and large the members of this site are here to discuss firearms and topics related to firearms in a positive way. Some few members appear to believe they are the only persons with real knowledge, usually I find those persons to be the least informed about the subject being discussed.

I don't mind people disagreeing with me ~ the only time you learn something new is when you listen to others. However, disparaging remarks run off me like water off a ducks back, I can ignore them without even trying. It is one of those things "I don't mind cause you don't matter". I have a pretty thick skin so don't let people like that affect my enjoyment of this, or any other site, in reality they would never say anything to your face, like they can say using the anonymity of a keyboard.

As far as the "50 count" rule, as has been stated, is meant to discourage people from using the site only to sell or purchase items. Anyone can "bypass" the rule by becoming a supporting member by donating, I believe, $20 to the site. I am a collector so have never sold anything on the site, did buy some ammo a couple of years ago or so. It really didn't have any bearing on me joining or visiting the site.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

Is that you Tennessee Jed?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    F**k a bunch of "rep" points!!! If gangs roamed the hoods like the good ol boys here,we'd all be in trouble. Like anywhere,there's those who think they are the elite and you'll get to know who they are. Just hang with it,stay below the radar and enjoy what use to be a good thing.

Used to be. It still is. JMHO.
    People do form groups of like minded. Sub groups inside of the larger picture. Friends. People who actually meet in the real world and share time doing things they all enjoy. Many do not understand this. The posts between these folks can be cryptic. I know as I enjoy such times with a lot of people from this forum.

There is an element that strives to protect this site. That you see it as elitist is OK but actually it is not. Well, not all of them anyway.

The reason the 50 post (quality) was put into place is to let us get to know new members. I have always felt good in my dealings in the classifieds because at some level I know who these people are or at least who the profess to be. That is the reason Fenway put this in place. Folks need to realize this and just go with it.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    And where is this good ole boys club?

South of Seymour, West of Rising Sun, East of Evansville....We scratch a lot, say "ya'll", spit between our teeth and practice animal calls with our mouths...You are a good guy for a Canadian Glueman....Come south with BBI, Rusty, Jetta or Churchmouse sometime and they can fill you in on the secret handshake and how to say "Do Whut?" instead of "Pardon me?"

:)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I find it amusing how much some people around here fixate on possible runners.

It's not just runners - I fixate on grammar, punctuation, cars with expired license plates, people who can't seem to stop behind the solid white line at intersections...

And for the record, yeah, Glockman20, I neg repped you with the message, "this is not what Ingo is for" (although I probably used a period), because your posts fit the pattern of someone trying to get 50 posts as quickly possibly. Right after you came someone else and posted two one liners.

Rep used to mean something and a lot of neg rep would turn you red, like this guy. He posted a bunch of pablum to get to fifty and now he's camped out in the classified and sell, sell, sell...

So, Glockman20, if you're actually just here to get a deal, then I stand by what I've said. If you're actually here to participate, then all will be forgotten and you'll be a welcome member.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There's more than one way to earn rep points.

[video=youtube;6k9hs3L6eqc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k9hs3L6eqc[/video]

pilotof727s

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    I don't have a problem with the 50 post rule. Maybe it should be 100? There are sites to sell things on, Armslist comes to mind. When I deal with classifieds on here I'm glad to know that it is a fellow firearms enthusiast. We should all be here to be a part of the firearms community in Indiana. I enjoy hearing what people have to say and giving my input as well.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    South of Seymour, West of Rising Sun, East of Evansville....We scratch a lot, say "ya'll", spit between our teeth and practice animal calls with our mouths...You are a good guy for a Canadian Glueman....Come south with BBI, Rusty, Jetta or Churchmouse sometime and they can fill you in on the secret handshake and how to say "Do Whut?" instead of "Pardon me?"

:)
    I have spent a lot of years living in Southern Indiana and a couple states south of there so I heered what your a sayin indiucky.
    I'm about as opposite as a Canadian could be so not sure where you got that from :dunno:

I have spent time with all the guys you have mentioned except Jetta and they are good people.
    I'm betting I could match you with southern expressions one for one and then some but it's all good.

Im actually headed south the first of next week to the Carolinas, TN, AL and Georgia so maybe I can stop by for a lesson on the handshake. One question tho does this handshake require spit from a jaw of Redman?

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DMash
    Top Bottom