• ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Well the wife and I went to the Winamac FWA range today. Good day of shooting,place was very busy though, just got home. Some changes have taken place for 2017 and I believe Jedi covered most of them. One small one that I do not recall seeing though which IMHO is odd, but whatever. A new posted rule is NO food or drinks allowed on the range FORWARD of the benches that set behind the shooting line? I asked RO why? He said because the main Indianapolis office said so? Not seeing the signs right away I had already taken a small thermos of water up to my bench. He was nice about it, but indicated that I must step back behind the bench away from the line before I could take a drink? No I am not kidding when I say this.Also there was a couple one bench down from me with a small bottle of Mountain Dew and they had been drinking from it. He indicated he was about to tell them about it and make them move back with it. Can anyone think of a reason for this no food/no drink rule? Also no 50 BMG's allowed either. Also (which I have always done anyway) there is to be NO touching of ones firearms at the benches on the line while people are down range posting or checking targets. The DNR has needed that rule for quite some time. I am glad to see it posted now. The RO does walk the line now MUCH more than they used to. Kinda glad to see that. Anyway, that was my takeaway from today at the Winamac FWA range.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Maybe people were shooting at empty (or full) bottles and containers, so they are trying to head people off at the pass?

It is weird, either way.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    All of the rule changes over the years that didn't make a lot of sense came from Indy. Sounds like the typical government make rules for the lowest common denominator.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks
    None of this really affects us.
    I do like the no food at the benches as it makes clean up a little easier on us. Plus avoids the occasional liquid spill that we have every now and then.

The no touching firearms is a duh! We have been doing that for years keeping our own ro behind to make sure of this.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DMash
    Top Bottom