• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    I have a very long way to go in that room but after I got the pegboard up I had to try it out. Sadly It won't stay this way as the pegboard is actually there for tools and what not. I feel as though displaying them this way is a good way to get them stolen. So after the rooms are completed they will still stay in a safe though I plan on upgrading to a larger safe as I've outgrown my current safes. Current plan is to have an armory room which will be 15x15. It'll hold all the guns and ammo. There will be a wall sectioning it off with a steel door and a bookshelf that hides it. I've always wanted to do that. Then the rest of the room will become a workshop and bar. It'll be a few years in the making sadly. Sorry for the crap picture. The lighting back here sucks.

UIdUDmi.jpeg

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The old quote from Clint Smith says, "Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it!"

What does that say about you?

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Wonderful display! Don't worry you will get it all figured in due time. Enjoy the journey to your soon to be favorite place in the house!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Nice. Wife wants me to

My .02:

Inward swing steel door.
    Over that a Murphy door.
    https://www.themurphydoor.com/store/murphy-door-hidden-door/

Im trying to convince the wife to let me do something like this for my home office. (sans steel door) Ive always wanted a secret lair, and she wants to install a wall and pocket door to hide my clutter. I think the bookcase adds a cool factor. So far my idea isnt getting traction "because we dont have anything to put on the shelves" as if that REALLY matters in the grand scheme. Pfffff!

The only other suggestion would be that if you are making this room a secure safe, look at reinforcing the walls too. No sense putting up a steel door if all they have to do is knock through the drywall next to it with a hammer and squeeze between 16" studs.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom