• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    True...but they were in another gang see and...

Yeah, don't shoot at people running away and don't give LEOs reason to believe you're in a gang. In fact, don't join a gang, it's just not going to end well and leave all sorts of bad ink marks.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think this line pretty much sums up why he was arrested:

[FONT=&quot]"He began to indiscriminately shoot multiple rounds down the street," Montgomery County Sheriff’s Capt. Bryan Carlisle said. “These rounds definitely went down a very crowded street.[/FONT]

Idiot!

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Probably a whole lot more to the story than we will ever know! Might be a retribution attack, drug related etc.. Bad things often happen to bad people...

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Yeah, Once they leave, chasing them down is the problem. Good for him defending the woman and the kids. If he had not been armed, then things could have been much worse.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I do have to go with the concept that once they are running away and if they are armed, NOT shooting back at you while fleeing, you stop shooting and assess your situation. To be cliche with terms, this isn't the wild west but...I do understand that some with a certain type of training and mindset might consider fleeing suspect to still be a threat and still shoot them out of their habit and training.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I do have to go with the concept that once they are running away and if they are armed, NOT shooting back at you while fleeing, you stop shooting and assess your situation. To be cliche with terms, this isn't the wild west but...I do understand that some with a certain type of training and mindset might consider fleeing suspect to still be a threat and still shoot them out of their habit and training.

That's what I initially thought, are they repositioning for cover? If so not shooting them would be a bad idea unless you too are repositioning for cover. Then again, he didn't shoot them, he shot in their general direction endangering others. Also, I have no gang involvement so the whole thing probably wouldn't have happened...

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    Looks like they dropped any charges they were going to pursue against the shooter. I saw the video, and yeah, it was definitely a serious situation that being armed made the difference. They only 'assumed' that he had gang ties, but they ere unable to verify any of that. Chalk one up for the good guys.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Keep shooting until the threat is ended = good shoot
    Keep shooting, after the threat is decisively neutralized or beating a hasty exit stage left (Snagglepuss lives) = bad shoot

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Videos? Story update links? I could find none on the site with the original link. (Google is an all seeing always watching spy...not my friend, and I don't have that much interest...and need to go to work). There were some comments that said he was released, others said it was the POS (sic) Police Sargent's fault and that they were cooperating until he claimed they were gang members.

Not being willing to press charges after an attempted kidnaping and shootout sounds like gang life...not Mr. Policeman was mean to me so I'll let the bad guys off. Also, they guys pic says gang member which does not help.

Top Bottom