Friends of the NRA Banquet in Crawfordsville ??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Went to the southern Indiana banquet Saturday, this is our 4th or 5th year going, and we always have a great time! Never win anything, but it's a night out, with good food, and good friends, for a good cause. And we got to meet the governor and his wife.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Went to the southern Indiana banquet Saturday, this is our 4th or 5th year going, and we always have a great time! Never win anything, but it's a night out, with good food, and good friends, for a good cause. And we got to meet the governor and his wife.

That's the Falls of the Ohio dinner I think. Other SW Indiana banquets include Evansville August 4th & Columbus August 18th.

I will likely start a thread when banquet tickets are available for Evansville. It would be cool to fill a table or two with Ingo Folk.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I was at the Falls of The Ohio banquet Sat evening. Spent WAY TOO MUCH, but I did get a little of it back on the Wall of Guns. Its a really good time, they probably gave away about 150 guns. Silent auctions as well as live auctions. With two of the area Chevrolet dealers there bidding against one another the live auction was pretty crazy.
    I plan on it being an annual thing for me.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've attended the last 12 or 13 years banquets in Lafayette.
    Enjoyed it enough that I became a committee member about 8 or 10 years ago.

I almost always have two tables filled with friends and family.
    It is a good night out, but as others have mentioned, it is a fund raising event for the youth shooting sports.
    FNRA sponsors many youth shooting programs, and this is why I continue to support it.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    falls of the ohio is the largest fnra fundraiser in the country, I received an email saying they went through the wall of guns raffle 19 times (they sell 50 tickets and draw 1 winner, the sell 50 more)

they sold a dirty harry theme movie poster set, with a autographed clint eastwood picture, a replica of harry callihan's sfpd badge, a poster from the move, it had a fired shell and bullet from the model 29 used in the movie (the model 29 used in dirty harry was presented to john millius by the movie studio after filming, and he gave it to the nra museum) and a model 29 in its own framed box

View attachment 54537

if anyone is interested in this item, we (southern Indiana friends of the nra) are making the next one for the nra convention in Atlanta(it will be auctioned off), and should have one up for auction at our banquet in august, and I think we have one or two available for high level banquet sponsors (there will only be 10 sets made)

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    falls of the ohio is the largest fnra fundraiser in the country, I received an email saying they went through the wall of guns raffle 19 times (they sell 50 tickets and draw 1 winner, the sell 50 more)

they sold a dirty harry theme movie poster set, with a autographed clint eastwood picture, a replica of harry callihan's sfpd badge, a poster from the move, it had a fired shell and bullet from the model 29 used in the movie (the model 29 used in dirty harry was presented to john millius by the movie studio after filming, and he gave it to the nra museum) and a model 29 in its own framed box

View attachment 54537

if anyone is interested in this item, we (southern Indiana friends of the nra) are making the next one for the nra convention in Atlanta(it will be auctioned off), and should have one up for auction at our banquet in august, and I think we have one or two available for high level banquet sponsors (there will only be 10 sets made)

The Dirty Harry Collection went for $5100. Don't get me wrong that's a lot of money, but for what you get it doesn't sound too bad. Just the gun alone often fetches north of $2000 on GB.

Top Bottom