• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Straight Shooter Enterprises will have a gun and knife show this weekend, April 8th and 9th, at the New Albany/ Floyd County 4-H Fairgrounds on Green Valley Road

Saturday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
    Sunday, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM

Admission $6, 12 and under free.
    Plenty of free parking.

Stop by after visiting Knob Creek!

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    It's maybe 60 - 70 tables. The timing with Knob Creek is just a coincidence.

You know some satellite gun shows around knob creek would be kinda cool, Knob creek is always great with ammo, but sometimes the amount of firearms is lacking

Zombie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 14, 2009
    Danville
    They used to have the National Gun Day at the fairgrounds the same weekend. And sometimes one at Shepardsville. I used to stay at the Executive Inn and go to Knob on friday and NGD on saturday. Good times!

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    They used to have the National Gun Day at the fairgrounds the same weekend. And sometimes one at Shepardsville. I used to stay at the Executive Inn and go to Knob on friday and NGD on saturday. Good times!

Now that would be nice.. Go in the morning for the ammo deals at at knob creek, watch some of the action.. Rent a mule take your ammo back to the car.. Take off hit the gun show, come back for the night shoot... I am sold..

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Nice chatting with you mkgr22. I didn't get a taker on my Remington 870 Police (had a few offers), but I saw a lot of neat guns and spoke with a lot of nice folks. There were a lot of real nice older guns and enough plastic ones to mix it up some. I don't know if the vendor with the veteran caps is on INGO, but he gave me a WWII cap for my father who just moved to a new care facility. What a great gesture! My dad looks jaunty in his new cap! Thanks again and I hope your goodwill comes back to you many fold!

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Nice chatting with you mkgr22. I didn't get a taker on my Remington 870 Police (had a few offers), but I saw a lot of neat guns and spoke with a lot of nice folks. There were a lot of real nice older guns and enough plastic ones to mix it up some. I don't know if the vendor with the veteran caps is on INGO, but he gave me a WWII cap for my father who just moved to a new care facility. What a great gesture! My dad looks jaunty in his new cap! Thanks again and I hope your goodwill comes back to you many fold!

Wow Sounds like a nice show, What kind of Old guns were there?????... And do not get sucked in with mkgr22 being so nice.. Just try asking him for a free gun and watch the look you will get... I can not really describe it, but friendly it is not....

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Wow Sounds like a nice show, What kind of Old guns were there?????... And do not get sucked in with mkgr22 being so nice.. Just try asking him for a free gun and watch the look you will get... I can not really describe it, but friendly it is not....
    Lots of S&W pre-lock revolvers, Colt revolvers, Remington Rand 1911a1, Japanese Nambu, Mausers, Enfields, too many wood and steel rifles and shotguns to mention. Some Berettas. Remington 1100's, Garands, M-1 Carbine, M1A scoped and special stock (adj. cheek piece). Some 3rd Gen S&W autos. Of course, a good mix of new guns. Plenty of knives...some very unusual. I thought it was a very nice small town show. mkgr22 did say to watch out for indy1919a4, because he was always asking for free guns!

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Lots of S&W pre-lock revolvers, Colt revolvers, Remington Rand 1911a1, Japanese Nambu, Mausers, Enfields, too many wood and steel rifles and shotguns to mention. Some Berettas. Remington 1100's, Garands, M-1 Carbine, M1A scoped and special stock (adj. cheek piece). Some 3rd Gen S&W autos. Of course, a good mix of new guns. Plenty of knives...some very unusual. I thought it was a very nice small town show. mkgr22 did say to watch out for indy1919a4, because he was always asking for free guns!

Dang, I always miss the good ones, Many thanks for that report.. Per me always asking,, I would like to point out that in some cultures Consistency & perseverance are more appreciated..

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Dang, I always miss the good ones, Many thanks for that report.. Per me always asking,, I would like to point out that in some cultures Consistency & perseverance are more appreciated..

The promoter's two sons that man the front door now have your photograph, and a warning to not let you in! How good are you at disguises? :rockwoot:

You have to give Mauser Mike the secret handshake for free guns. :@ya: As soon as I figure it out I'll share it to you for a free gun.

I will give you a hint on the secret- it involves a few $100 bills discreetly folded in your palm.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    The promoter's two sons that man the front door now have your photograph, and a warning to not let you in! How good are you at disguises?

Big Deal, they have had my photograph down at the Post office for years and it has not hurt me...

I am real sorry, I could not run down to that show Mike.. It seems like a real nice one

doublesharp

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Clark County
    It was a good show. I bought some Federal HST 9mm carry ammo box of 50 $26 otd. Good crowd and the place was full of sharks looking for things to flip. Rumors of a guy that spent 40 grand buying guns. He bought 7 from a buddy of mine. Not a huge show but about like the National Guard Armory shows. I'd say more like 100 tables and parking is good.

Top Bottom