• ...and so much more!
  • wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Honestly, I love the sub 2000 for absolutely no good reason.

I enjoy mine as well... ;)

I have never been so badly bruised but from a couple hundred rounds from a .40 Sub 2000.

I don't even want to think about shooting .40 out of one. I've learned there are some 9mm loads that I avoid putting through my 9mm Sub2k. A couple mags of hotter load rounds was enough to bruise the fudge out of my shoulder one range trip.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    I have never been so badly bruised but from a couple hundred rounds from a .40 Sub 2000.

The Sub2k in .40 has amazingly harsh recoil. Probably due to the Sub2k being blowback operated, chambered in a cartridge designed for short pistol barrels with associated quick burn rate for the powder (i.e., impulse from firing a round is shorter and harsher) and having a hard plastic butt "pad".

That said, you can get aftermarket soft rubber butt pads and recoil buffers for it to mitigate recoil. I've got a rubber butt pad on mine and it is definitely more comfortable than the stock "pad". Can't comment on the recoil buffers but it is claimed they significantly reduce the felt recoil.

The .40 has better ballistics than the 9mm which is why I chose it over the 9mm.

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    The Sub2k in .40 has amazingly harsh recoil. Probably due to the Sub2k being blowback operated, chambered in a cartridge designed for short pistol barrels with associated quick burn rate for the powder (i.e., impulse from firing a round is shorter and harsher) and having a hard plastic butt "pad".

That said, you can get aftermarket soft rubber butt pads and recoil buffers for it to mitigate recoil. I've got a rubber butt pad on mine and it is definitely more comfortable than the stock "pad". Can't comment on the recoil buffers but it is claimed they significantly reduce the felt recoil.

The .40 has better ballistics than the 9mm which is why I chose it over the 9mm.
    All correct. I see you've done your homework.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County

Recoil buffer makes all the difference in the world! The only downside is that with the buffer installed, the action will not open enough to lock open.

Spyco

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2012
    NWI
    I find that the sub2k is great to practice some rifle shooting in a pistol caliber only range. Getting the front sight post adjusted right can be a pain though, but once it's set, it's not moving again.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    I like the idea of the sub2k, and as a plinker- why not? Not so sure I'd like to trust my life to it, though.

I have put a couple thousand rounds down range with my 40 cal sub2k & a couple hundred rounds with my 9mm version. I can only think of one notable malfunction, a ftf on the last round in the mag. Problem hasn't repeated. My experience is that they are accurate & reliable.

Not my go to self protection long arm, but I wouldn't hesitate to grab it for self protection, if needed.

Cheers!

Top Bottom