• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    OK so I was bored looking at 1911's online go figure. Seems like some of the Rock Islands have some nice looking G10
    Grips. I really like some of the Green/Black ones. Just wondering how much of a variation in color there is? Seems like they run about $70.00 a set. But I hate to spend that kind of cash to find out that the ones that shipped are not really the color that they appeared to be on the Website.

If you have gone with G10 grips are they all about the same? Or is it best to stay away from the ones on Amazon etc?

Thanks

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    Have you checked out VZ grips? They have a photo gallery of customer firearms wearing different styles and colors.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'll second VZ. I think they are pretty uniform color to color, style to style. I have a set and my brother has the same and when we lay the pistols side by side they look identical.

I also like the grip of mine. I have the Gator Back™ Hyena Brown G10 style grip panels.

I paid $63 delivered for mine. Pricey but they should last...like...forever?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Yep, between the G10 grips for 1911's and VZ, I'll pick the VZ's every time:

Loaded%20with%20VZ%20Grips_zpsgailyhqm.jpg

75%20Compact%20VZ_zpsglba4zyt.jpg

Cajun%20Goodness_zpsqnxkipkj.jpg

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I may be misreading your post, but G10 is a material, not a manufacturer. Many/most of VZ's grips are made of G10 such as the ones pictured on your 1911.

Yep, you're correct. I was stating a specific vendor offering G10 grips, as were most of the other posters. I guess I should have said the best G10 grips are from VZ, but you can also get them from Hogue, Cool Hand and other vendors.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    VZ makes great grips. My last set of Operator II were a little too aggressive. I had AllenM knock down the texture a little when he put them on my last build. Made all the difference in the world.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    VZ makes great grips. My last set of Operator II were a little too aggressive. I had AllenM knock down the texture a little when he put them on my last build. Made all the difference in the world.
    Yeah mine feel pretty aggressive as well. These will be switched to my range officer operator when it comes in tomorrow. I plan on putting around 500 rounds through the gun on my next range trip and I'll see how my hands fair with these lmao.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I just checked after hearing a few of you talk about the Operator's being a little aggressive. The pair I have are the Gatorbacks. They are just right IMO.

Top Bottom