• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    Not just because I got to shoot my new Vaquero which was awesome! But more importantly I brought three non gun owners with me to teach them some basic shooting. One of my coworkers, my boss and my boss 12 year old daughter all wanted to give shooting a try, so off to the range we went today.

we started off with some basic safety rules and how to operate a firearm. I started everyone on my ruger 22/45 and 10/22. It was nothing but smiles! The adults moved up to shooting my SP-01 9mm and glock 30 and even tried the super scary 44mag..they loved every second of it. Shot some rounds out of my AR taking a a couple breaks for pictures along the way. My bosses daughter shot the AR but it was a little heavy for her, but she absolutely loved shooting the 22's, And she outshot her dad..by a lot!

Besides shooting my new vaquero I spent the whole trip loading mags and taking pictures. I haven't had a chance to do that in awhile and it's one of the things I love the most about shooting sports. The smiles on everyone's faces was worth it enough for me.

A damn good day.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    For someone with a username of "Nojoy" this seems like a rather joyful post.

Sounds like a good day, good job bringing new shooters to the fold!

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    Every new person we introduce to firearms can become an enthusiast or just someone who has some real-life experience and knows that guns aren't evil.
    Well done Nojoy! We should all try to introduce people to firearms.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Good job, my 13 year old granddaughter is staying with us this week for spring break, today at 1PM we will take her to the range for her spring break session.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Great day! Hard to beat a day at the range, especially introducing 3 new shooters to our sport. Good on you for the effort, I'm sure you really enjoyed the day. Sometimes it is almost better to see a young one's excitement at shooting the first time than shooting yourself.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    My 22/45 is always a favorite for new shooters. I bought a mag loader for it and it sure saves my thumb. I just picked up a couple of 1000 count boxes of M-22 so I'm good to go when I hit the range next with a new shooter. Hopefully the boss and daughter really enjoyed the range trip and it will lead to more group outings to the range.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Took my granddaughter shooting yesterday at INDY GUN BUNKER with the wife then on to Journey in Fishers to chow down, nice afternoon, what could be better than target practice and food ?!?

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    It is so easy to get selfish and focus on your own shooting but it is rewarding seeing the enjoyment of others do something they have never done before. Unlike other hobbies you either have to be invited or jump head first into shooting. I'm glad you were there to give everyone a good start.

Top Bottom