• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Anybody else follow Youtube's recent dick decision to demonitized all gun channel's content?

[video=youtube;c9uRI9Z9hn0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9uRI9Z9hn0&t=0s[/video]

[video=youtube;qqmMHPniqJk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqmMHPniqJk&t=83s[/video]

[video=youtube;zAPXbXwvKXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAPXbXwvKXE&t=0s[/video]

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I can remember when eBay banned gun sales, the result was a business opportunity for Gunbroker, etc.

It sucks that they are doing this, but I presume Full30 will benefit.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    But Full30 only invites certain people. They aren't like youtube, where you can just start up a channel.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I won't miss most of the crap on youtube anyway. How about someone in the know making a list of alternative video sites? I'd never heard of full.30 for example.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Weird, so much for all the **** getting blown up. i guess everyone will have to go to patreon.

That only works if everybody pitches in. If you got a dozen or so favorite gun channel and they each got a couple thousand subscribers or more. You would need to pay a dollar per subscriber at least, every month to your favorite channel and that translate to say a dozen or so of your dollars a month. Some of us can afford to support our favorite channel, but some can't and not for long. That's why ads are important to channels more than just random people committing their own money.

mstagg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I work in tech and probably 90% of the people I work with and companies I engage with are vehemently anti-gun.
    This particular issues comes as no surprise to me considering the stance of google, which owns youtube.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The businesses below are just as responsible for what we are now seeing on Youtube. They have all seen just how anti-gun Youtube can be, but they ALL still create content. drive sponsorship and push ad links to Youtube. You cannot even enter a simple gun/ammo related contest without a Youtube "Like". I see it as selling the hangman the noose that he will eventually hang you with. The time is long past to create a truly free and open video hosting site that does not discriminate against any non-globalist or non-progressive viewpoint.

Gun Manufacturers
    Gun Distributors
    Gun & Ammo E-Stores
    Gun & Ammo Brick & Morter Stores
    Ammo Manufacturers
    Ammo Retailers
    Ammo Distributors
    Firearms Parts Manufacturers
    Firearms Trainers
    Firearms Magazines & E-zines
    Firearms Enthusiast sites
    Firearms Forums
    etc.
    etc.
    etc.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    I've not been demonitized, but i'm probably way too small for them to notice (200ish subs), but to me that says they're not necessarily doing it on key words or links. they're targeting channels for demonetization, because if it was a bot my stuff probably would've been tagged due to the tags i've got posted.

that being said, i have noticed a HUGE drop in revenue. again, i'm tiny, i usually only pulled in like, $0.60 a day, but now it's down to around $0.17. I had heard they were altering the advertisers they were using on that type of channel, so it seems that may have been done with some code/bot and hit everyone equally.

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    I'm not familiar with the channels sited, but Youtube did change its policy yesterday so that a channel must have at least 10K views in order to be monetized. Could some of these channels be getting hit by that?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    What exactly does that mean? I just went to Hickok and plinkster and they both have commercials.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Are you SURE it's gun related and not the recent move that if you don't have something like 10k views you won't get commercials on your channel?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Are you SURE it's gun related and not the recent move that if you don't have something like 10k views you won't get commercials on your channel?

Quit it Officer Buzz Kill....Can't you see we are victims?????? Have you no HUMANITY!!!!!

As a side note I heard Dr. Pepper quit making the one's we like 'cause word got out we were sipping them in a gun shop and washing (sorry "worshing") down Indi's chicken wings with them.......(which we callously culturally appropriated to our stomach's immense satisfaction)......

It's a culture war BBI....And we are neck deep in it....So where are you going to be when the chicken wing bones start flying????

You better stand with YOUR people Hillbilly.....:)

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Quit it Officer Buzz Kill....Can't you see we are victims?????? Have you no HUMANITY!!!!!

As a side note I heard Dr. Pepper quit making the one's we like 'cause word got out we were sipping them in a gun shop and washing (sorry "worshing") down Indi's chicken wings with them.......(which we callously culturally appropriated to our stomach's immense satisfaction)......

It's a culture war BBI....And we are neck deep in it....So where are you going to be when the chicken wing bones start flying????

Exactly how many teeth would he have to pull to stand with "His" hillbilly people? I'm sure YouTube would monetize the extraction!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Wait, if I go to your shop I get a cold Dr. Pepper AND wings while I browse? Damn!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom