• ...and so much more!
  • Rollo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    North Central
    Hey all,

I have been wanting to get into shooting 22 rifle competitively for fun for a few years now. Also, my wife said I should actually shoot all these guns I buy and build... Does anyone have a good source of info for what clubs/ranges host a specific type of match? I am mostly interested in events within 1 hour of the South Bend area.

Thanks!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    what type of competition? shooting itty bitty groups? silhouette?
    Steel challenge would be MY favorite competition with a 22, and I'm pretty sure the Riley club does that.

-rvb

Rollo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    North Central
    what type of competition? shooting itty bitty groups? silhouette?
    Steel challenge would be MY favorite competition with a 22, and I'm pretty sure the Riley club does that.

-rvb

Thanks for the reply! As I have never done it I am really not sure. I would love to be able to try all three! I was however hoping for something a bit closer to the South Bend area.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    sorry, I was thinking terra haute.
    Warsaw has SC and wouldn't be too far. watch the shooting sports sub forum here for Steel Challenge match announcements from that club and others that may be reasonably close.
    -rvb

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    I am mostly interested in events within 1 hour of the South Bend area.

That's okay, and I hope it works out that'a way, but my best advice to you if you want to have the most opportunities is that you both get your brains around the idea that you may have to drive awhile.

-Nate

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Does FWRR still offer .22 competitions?

I'd love to see a Ruger Rimfire Challenge pop up somewhere near me.

not currently. It would be nice to see a steel challenge or possibly Ruger RF happen there. SC is nice in that CF pistols and PCC can also play in addition to RF (and you can usually shoot both at one event)...

If there's something you'd love to see happen, stepping up to run it increases the odds of it popping up. ;) :)

-rvb

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    not currently. It would be nice to see a steel challenge or possibly Ruger RF happen there. SC is nice in that CF pistols and PCC can also play in addition to RF (and you can usually shoot both at one event)...

If there's something you'd love to see happen, stepping up to run it increases the odds of it popping up. ;) :)

-rvb

I think I'll just nudge Ken instead. ;)

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Antwerp Conservation Club, Antwerp Ohio, has a small bore silhouette match monthly

In june,there is a big Smallbore prone match at the lima sabers club in lima ohio...

jotto

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    NW Indiana
    Michigan City Rifle Club holds NSSF rimfire challenge shoots on the 2nd Saturday of each month. Additionally we have a rimfire precision shoot the 2md and 4th Fridays of each month as well. All events are open to the public.

Rollo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    North Central
    Thanks for all the replies! Some great information and ranges I didn't even know about! Question on St Joe Restoration. Anyone been there recently? A while back there used to be a significant KKK presence there. I was told by a friend of mine that he thought most of them were"cleared out" but was hoping for a second opinion.

slipnotz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 31, 2010
    You need to check out the new gun shop and range in Etna Green IN. The name is Two Bear Arms and their phone #is 574-205-0220. Their website is Welcome. Their calendar lists some 22 tactical on Wednesday nights. You are only about 25 miles away.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Thanks for all the replies! Some great information and ranges I didn't even know about! Question on St Joe Restoration. Anyone been there recently? A while back there used to be a significant KKK presence there. I was told by a friend of mine that he thought most of them were"cleared out" but was hoping for a second opinion.

I'm a member and have been there several times this year. That's never crossed my mind before. I welcome just about any fellow shooter who's sober. I wouldn't worry about it.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven

Been there for a few events, I never got that feeling.....

Top Bottom