• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bos-94-003

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Marion
    My 700 drops the firing pin about every 5th time you close the bolt. If you pull the trigger with the safety engaged the firing pin drops as soon as you disengage the safety without touching the trigger. According to Remington the serial numbers don't put it in the effected group though, go figure. It just sits in the safe separate from the bolt that's put up in my closet

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I'll take any POS Remington 700s that people are seeking to dispose of and give them a good home.

Alternately, a Timney 510 costs about $120 and and solves all the issues of the Walker & XMP triggers. And yeah, you shouldn't have to spend that kind of money to make your function properly, but it is a VERY worthy upgrade to the garbage factory trigger anyway.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Got a 700ADL in '06 over 40 years ago. Started working up a load for it and got nowhere so off to a local smith. Factory finish off, glass bedded, free floated, and had the Walker trigger smoothed out to 2.75 lbs. with no creep and travel. Hundreds upon hundreds of rounds later and it's still won't go off unless I tell it to. Fast forward to a 700VSF in .308 with a Walker trigger. Sent it off to a guy in Wisconsin who specialized in Remy triggers. Tried the best I could to get it to fail even before firing it for the first time with no luck. Hundreds of rounds later I still can't get it to fail. Sent an SPS off to Remington during the recall, 3 months later got it back. Never again, just get a Timney and forget about it. BTW, first two rifles are one holers when I do my part. Getting harder once you're on the wrong side of middle age.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'll take any POS Remington 700s that people are seeking to dispose of and give them a good home.

Alternately, a Timney 510 costs about $120 and and solves all the issues of the Walker & XMP triggers. And yeah, you shouldn't have to spend that kind of money to make your function properly, but it is a VERY worthy upgrade to the garbage factory trigger anyway.

Uh, yep. 4000+ rounds through my trusty .308. Never an issue but I also don't use the safety.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central

I get what you`re saying, about the firearm is ok other than the crap trigger. You`re also absolutely correct, inthat, you shouldn`t need to do anything to make the weapon safe, or reliable. Past all that though is, the remington customer service, if it can even be called that. It sure appears as though they want to just be done with it, and every schmuck who bought one of their pieces of crap can just deal with it. Contrast that with customer service from Ruger. They`re not even in the same universe. And honestly, I`ll never spend another dime on a remington product.

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    I have 2 of the 700 Remingtons ( 22-250 and 308 ) that have the Walker trigger. I see they are not part of the recall, are there any problems that affect the Walker trigger?? Both of mine have been shot very little ( less than 50 ) but even with the limited round count, I have been happy with the triggers.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    They've only sold over 5 million model 700 rifles in the past 50 years. Must just be that many dumb people out there buying rifles, to include the US Army and USMC.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    No complaints about my AcuSport exclusive 308win, except that the muzzle/crown looked like it wouldn't help accuracy any.

But, trigger & safety work just fine, and boy is it a shooter!
    This is the first time where I feel like I'm the one holding the gun back from shooting better.

While the stock trigger seems fine, I still plan on an upgrade in the future.

Top Bottom