• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Hi ingo and Happy Easter to those who celeberate today.
    I have a quick question. My uncle lost a S&W 19 thirty years ago roughly and reported it stolen to the police. The gun has been found. Just wondering if all we have to do is call the state police and tell them the gun has been found. Thanks
    In case anyone is wondering the gun is in surprisingly good shape. A little rust by the rear sight. After we take it off the stolen gun list it is going to Sand Burr to get inspected and maybe have some rounds put through it as well

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have a quick question. My uncle lost a S&W 19 thirty years ago roughly and reported it stolen to the police. The gun has been found. Just wondering if all we have to do is call the state police and tell them the gun has been found. Thanks
    In case anyone is wondering the gun is in surprisingly good shape. A little rust by the rear sight. After we take it off the stolen gun list it is going to Sand Burr to get inspected and maybe have some rounds put through it as well

Congrats but I must ask, was it not stolen? Where was it?

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    It was not stolen. He left it in his truck one day and forgot about it. He reported it stolen. While driving one day he slammed on the brakes to avoid an accident and the revolver slid from where it was at. He didn't know until I told him today that we can call the police and have it taken off the list. He has the original box and receipt as well

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Wow, who keeps a truck for 30 years anymore? Or maybe the bigger question is who doesn't clean their truck out for 30 years? LOL Glad he found it, now you have a gun with a cool story.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I am sure Denny at Sand Burr Gun Ranch will love this story and will probably have some crusty old comments; but that is the fun that is Denny Reichard at the Ranch. If anyone can clean up the revolver, it is Denny. Best of luck and Happy Easter to you!!!

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Its sounds like it wasnt missing for 30yrs, he reported it stolen then found it. Hes had the gun just didnt know he could call the police and tell them its been found.:dunno:

Im on my way, I've gotta 24 yr old trk! maybe i should look under the seat.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    The gun was not hidden for thirty years. He lost it, reported it stolen, found it years ago, and never called the police. He didn't know he could call them once he found it. Today I told him that we should call about it. The revolver has been sitting underneath his bed for a long time on a wooden floor. It needs a good cleaning and may have an issue with the cylinder .
    Thanks BehindBluel's
    He has had semis for a decade or more, but never any pick ups. Another uncle has a 1996 F250 with less than 90,000 on it. Has not given him any major issues and he bought it new

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Can I go for a ridealong with your uncle and have him jam on the brakes so that I can see if something really tasty, say a Colt Python, slides out from under the seat?
    Finders keepers and all that. ;)

medcoxo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Indy, Westside
    THIS is a cool story-- especially how it started one way--- then got better as we got more details. But that is how most stories go-- starts one way, then goes another!!

Top Bottom