• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Anyone hear anything about this? Greenfield Reporter states that on Sunday IMPD officer Michael Price shot himself in the leg when he removed his .40 cal GLOCK from its holster while he was sitting in his patrol car, and placed said GLOCK in his lap where it accidentally went off. (Danged safe trigger!) I have to wonder why you would un-holster while sitting in the car then place the weapon in your lap.

Anyway, this is the only info I have seen on this one.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The Glock Fo-Tay has a history of fragging the lower extremities of LEOs. KEEP IT IN THE HOLSTER!! GLOCKS HAVE 3 SAFETIES, ALL ARE DISENGAGED WHEN YOU PULL THE TRIGGER!!! Ok, I'm done.

Swom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    East Indy
    So the next time somebody posts the "does anybody still shoot a .40?" thread we can point them to this?

but yea, why remove it from holster in the first place?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Too bad that a good man hurt himself, but anyone well versed in proper gun handling could have explained exactly where he went wrong in this particular situation.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Unfortunately, even with firearms, familiarity breeds contempt. Everyone occasionally needs to step back and reevaluate their daily actions to make sure they are not going to become a bad example for everyone else to learn from and talk about.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oh, just so we are all clear, not running down the coppers. I know for a fact that the officer was trained better than this.

I am running down sloppy gun handling regarding if you wear a blue/brown/green uniform, or a FedEx uniform, a coat and tie, or whatever to work.

Stop fiddling with guns. It is how people get hurt.

View From The Porch: Safety Is For Always

The frickin' gun is a snake, not a kitten. It's a snake because it is always loaded.

Let's review:

Everybody with a logo-embroidered polo shirt wants to come up with a replacement for Cooper's Rule One: "All guns are always loaded." It's a target for the ire of everybody with the slightest hint of Aspie tendencies, because they plainly know that there's such a thing as an unloaded gun.

Last edited:

pilotof727s

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2014
    New Palestine
    An IMPD officer was in New Palestine sitting in a patrol car? Different city and different county? I'm not a Police Officer but could someone enlighten me on jurisdictions and use of the patrol car. Are officers allowed to drive their patrol cars wherever they want?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    An IMPD officer was in New Palestine sitting in a patrol car? Different city and different county? I'm not a Police Officer but could someone enlighten me on jurisdictions and use of the patrol car. Are officers allowed to drive their patrol cars wherever they want?

He was off duty at his home.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Another stat that will blended in with all the others that those Demanding Moms will use to beat us over the head on why we need universal background checks, magazine limits, ban assault weapons, etc. :rolleyes:

I am glad the officer wasn't more seriously wounded and I really don't want to be so callous but all of these events go into the mix that the anti-gunners use to prop up their weak-*** cases.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Jurisdictions vary state to state. Almost all Indiana LEOs have the same authority anywhere in the state. There are some limited LEOs, like business special deputies and the like, but for most of the people you consider police officers they can make arrests anywhere in the state, write tickets anywhere in the state (assuming they have a ticket book for that county, as that does vary), etc.

Police can live in the county they are employed in or one county out. IMPD allows officers who live outside of Marion Co to pay a monthly fee and have to-and-from work use of the patrol car. In county, you can also pay a fee and drive it anywhere in the county or one county out for personal use. If you do not pay the fee, you can only use it to-and-from work. Other departments have different rules, ranging from no take home car to state wide use.

Top Bottom