• ...and so much more!
  • bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    Mayor Hogsett delivers 2nd State of the City address | WISH-TV

Teens will have financial incentives to help combat gun violence. Teens are urged to call Crime Stoppers at (317) 262-TIPS, or (317) 262-8477 with a tip on illegal gun use. If someone is charged in the called tip, the caller will get $750 for a felony charge, and $350 for a misdemeanor charge.

So, snitches will get money to pay the health care costs for their stitches.

Will this work? Somehow, I doubt it.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Stinky Shoes just doing as much gun control as he can in Indy, it's not like other places. Gotta look progressive to his political masters.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "Hello, this is Crime Stoppers, what's your tip?"

"What's that?.....a stabbing you say?"

"Not interested"

"Oh, so there was a beating with a pipe too?"

"Look you're wasting our time."

"Some guy with a gun ran up and chased off the stabber and the guy doing the beating?"

"I'm listening...."

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    [FONT=&quot]We must get guns out of the hands of our children and must get guns out of the hands of young people,” said Mayor Hogsett.[/FONT]

Really, Little Lord Stinky Shoes? Because I am being doing the exact opposite and nothing is happening but kids going off to university or the service.

Good luck with your little plan.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Why would anybody be surprised? Of course he's going to say something like that. He, and most other politicians, just don't have the cajones to mention support for law-abiding gun owners. As for the "children and young people" Frank and others in his line of work are most likely to encounter, I am with Hogsett in that regard.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Chairman Mao would have been so happy with Mayor H doing what he asked during his reign of terror in China. Children, turn in your parents is next.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    For ****'s sake, thats not his intention.
    I know that should have been purple, but the idea of turning in your neighbor could very easily lead to police getting into an unsafe position just because a young person was angry at a friend and wanted the reward money, not realizing that conviction would be required first.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I know that should have been purple, but the idea of turning in your neighbor could very easily lead to police getting into an unsafe position just because a young person was angry at a friend and wanted the reward money, not realizing that conviction would be required first.

Literally everything can be abused.

That said, meh. People beating their own charges and ticked off women will remain the best source of information on felons.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    C'mon BBI, we know CM is old, but no need to keep reminding him... ;)

I see what you did there...

Seriously, criminals going to jail help a bad situation. Those criminals aren't out committing crimes while in jail. There are two differences between snitches and citizens providing information to law enforcement: latitude and longitude. Put another way there are three differences: location, location, location.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I see what you did there...

Seriously, criminals going to jail help a bad situation. Those criminals aren't out committing crimes while in jail. There are two differences between snitches and citizens providing information to law enforcement: latitude and longitude. Put another way there are three differences: location, location, location.

Until they're released on bond...

Top Bottom