• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    So I am in Michigan for work for a few days. So I decide to go to one of the Flagship Cabellas, in Dundee. I have a few gift cards laying around so decided to look for one of the Last Chance Duty belts. So I flag someone down to ask where they are in the store. This guy gives the deer in the headlight look. So I try to describe what I am looking for still blank stare. So I said I kind of get the feeling you don't carry them or you don't know what I am trying to describe? "HE SAYS I WORK IN THE GUN DEPARTMENT I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT STUFF"

Sounds like a what is the dumbest thing you have heard a big box store?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I didn't have that experience in the Dundee store, but I'm happy to say that I walked out with this the one time that I went there:
    DSCF0591.jpg

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I haven't been to the Dundee store but the Cabelas I live near is nothing like that. They're always more than nice, helpful, knowledgeable or get someone who is, and more than willing to take money. Basically my experience has been that at least the store I go too has some of the best customer service.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    That's a beauty! Was it new or used? The Cabelas closest to me seems to be overpriced on most things.

Brand new

That's a nice looking rifle. I like the proportions of it. I'm gonna sound dumb, but what is it?

Marlin 1894 chambered in .45 Colt.
    It's the uncommon round barrel version sold only through Cabela's for a few years in this caliber.
    It's a really good shooter, and it has taken three deer.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    :horse:
    What, you mean big box store employees being paid minimum wage aren't trained experts in their department? Surely you jest!

For awhile, while getting a degree in auto tech, I worked in the shop in a Farm n Fleet back in IL. Woulda been OK if they didn't have regular store clerks running the service desk that didn't know jack about cars... or English... and forget technical writing. "please check car makes a noise" is not acceptable work instructions :xmad:

Top Bottom