Purchasing Flintlock Rifles and Pistols in Indy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Are there any stores in the Indy Area that sell Flintlocks? Just looking for something to play with, even a kit would be fine.

thanks,

Ron

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I know that Bass Pro does not sell in the store, but they do on line and they ship direct to ones residence. As was stated no FFL required for BP rifle or handgun in Indiana. The only place I know of in the state that carries in store what you may want is way up north in Hammond Indiana at Cabelas.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I know that Bass Pro does not sell in the store, but they do on line and they ship direct to ones residence. As was stated no FFL required for BP rifle or handgun in Indiana. The only place I know of in the state that carries in store what you may want is way up north in Hammond Indiana at Cabelas.
    There is one in Noblesville, just north of Indianapolis.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    There is one in Clarksville that has quite a bit of that...I can't remember the name of it...Owner is a bit arrogant and opinionated but he seems passionate about history and firelocks...

gordgeary2.jpg

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Thanks everyone for the info! Looks like there are millions of them online :>).. Glad to hear they can ship to the door!

Ron

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    If you can wait till the second weekend in June, you'll find almost any kind of muzzleloader at almost any price point. It's frigging Disney world for anachronistis!
    I should probably mention where this is. Friendship Indiana. Walter Cline range. The "sheepsheds" . Vendors galore.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    How right you are Single six. I forgot about that Cabela's as it is fairly new. I need to go check it out sometime. Thanks.
    Funny thing, doesn't matter how close they are due to prices I stopped going there. Once in a while one of my friends gets a "deal" in the clearance section.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If you can wait till the second weekend in June, you'll find almost any kind of muzzleloader at almost any price point. It's frigging Disney world for anachronistis!
    I should probably mention where this is. Friendship Indiana. Walter Cline range. The "sheepsheds" . Vendors galore.

My heart skips when ever I hear "sheepsheds" and "Friendship"...The smells, the barrels of flints...Acrid smoke in the air...A gunsmith with a thick German accent repairing a firelock while you wait...Heaven...Pure Heaven...:)

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    My heart skips when ever I hear "sheepsheds" and "Friendship"...The smells, the barrels of flints...Acrid smoke in the air...A gunsmith with a thick German accent repairing a firelock while you wait...Heaven...Pure Heaven...

INDEED! So much so that I've started setting aside vacation time for the spring and fall shoots!
    Heck, I even bought a camper! Planning on kidnapping grandson number 1 for the first weekend in June. Start 'em out right!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    June Spring Shoot | National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association

Bring a tent or a camper, or just make a day of it. Leave your cellphone in the car. It won't work anyway. Bring Mama and let her peruse the flea markets, unless she's a shooter, too. TONS of events you can shoot. Or just walk around and take it all in. "Primitive " encampment, (although some of those pioneer types live pretty well.), shotgun, pistol, rifle, bow, tomahawk, and I believe knife throwing. Gunmakers' hall, (do not miss the shelter in back where they actually work on stuff,) dining hall, and yes, even basic sanitary facilities, since some here are mesmerized by them.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom