• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, especially when it was right in front of me pointing at the other guy and I saw the stovepipe, I probably would've done something.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Id feel better given the condition and do what the clerk did; At least I didnt have to worry about the idiot getting twitchy and shoot me in the head accidentally or because he suddenly made a snap decision and decided on a whim to put a bullet in my skull. I would feel a tiny bit safer knowing he would have to work at shooting me from that point.

Not my money, and it wont come out of my check. He can have it.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    A person's mind might be racing too much to pay close attention and notice the misfeed. And while it may not be currently used to fire in the state that it was in, it could still be used for pistol whipping.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    He was dumb enough to rob a place, and also without a mask, so "smarts" wasn't his strong suit

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    It appeared that there was enough time to move/draw/fire just during the sequence when Mr. Robber was struggling to pull out his pistol, rack the slide, and induce a stove-pipe.

I would not have grabbed the gun nor shot him over the store's money. I would have strongly considered doing either or both because he was threatening my life with deadly (if incompetent) force.

Given that I occasionally have odd reactions to things, I might have giggled. :rolleyes:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I would have drawn my own gun on him....after I had slapped his pistol away from my face. Moron was lucky he had a clueless one behind the counter.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Id feel better given the condition and do what the clerk did; At least I didnt have to worry about the idiot getting twitchy and shoot me in the head accidentally or because he suddenly made a snap decision and decided on a whim to put a bullet in my skull. I would feel a tiny bit safer knowing he would have to work at shooting me from that point.

Not my money, and it wont come out of my check. He can have it.

This.

My wife has been robbed several times and, as much as I hate to say it, it's just better to give them the money and let them go.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I just saw that on BBC article.
    I noticed the stove pipe right away in the video.Even more noticable in person when it's right in your face.
    Very easy to disarm especially when you know the gun can't fire and the guy obviously doesn't know how to fix it even if you gave him half an hour.

Sure enough I check and there's already a thread about that on INGO.:yesway:
    The article doesn't mention the gun jammed.

Gunpoint victim explains astonishing cool - BBC News

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I saw a video from a store robbery where the criminal racked the slide several times to show he meant business, like they do in the movies.
    Except when you do it several times in a row, and no round is ever ejected, you just proved your gun is unloaded. :rolleyes:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I saw a video from a store robbery where the criminal racked the slide several times to show he meant business, like they do in the movies.
    Except when you do it several times in a row, and no round is ever ejected, you just proved your gun is unloaded. :rolleyes:

SHHHHHH!!!! You will give away their secret!

Brickmandan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2017
    Wheeler
    He made the right decision in my opinion. If he would have tried to grab the gun things would have escalated. It's not worth being a hero over a little money. On another note that's why you should always carry with a round in the chamber.

Top Bottom