• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have never seen restrictions on the case material, but pretty much all indoor ranges forbid steel core, tracer and incendiary bullets.

I probably have not shot 200 steel cased rounds in my whole life and have never bought any, but would a lot of steel cased ammo also be steel core bullets?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep. Its a case of the lazies. Somebody doesnt want the hassle of sorting out the aluminum and are probably not smart enough to realize they can magnet out the steel.

Let me guess, Its the range that used to be called Pop Guns at Washington and Post? I recall that supid rule of theirs.

Jackwagons. For more reasons than that. Crap customer service. I was actually told "I cant ring up your ONE accessory purchase, I am in the middle of helping this gentleman who came in ahead of you. As soon as I'm done with him I'll ring you out. (right as he was handing the dude his 4473 to fill out, and he proceeded to stand there watching him write on the form.) :facepalm:

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yep. Its a case of the lazies. Somebody doesnt want the hassle of sorting out the aluminum and are probably not smart enough to realize they can magnet out the steel.

Let me guess, Its the range that used to be called Pop Guns at Washington and Post? I recall that supid rule of theirs.

Jackwagons. For more reasons than that. Crap customer service. I was actually told "I cant ring up your ONE accessory purchase, I am in the middle of helping this gentleman who came in ahead of you. As soon as I'm done with him I'll ring you out. (right as he was handing the dude his 4473 to fill out, and he proceeded to stand there watching him write on the form.) :facepalm:

You guessed it. Although I haven't been there for quite some time because of a huge lack of service. Had cash burning a hole in my pocket, knew exactly what I wanted and stood in front of the display case, and nobody had time to sell me a gun. They were too busy chatting with some regulars. I finally looked at a dude that was chatting and clearly saw me ( made eye contact), I said well since you would rather B.S. than sell guns I will take my cash and go elsewhere. Ahole even had the gall to say have a good day as I was leaving. That happened when it was pop guns. Haven't been back

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    A lot of steel case ammo has a steel core projectile, which can and will damage equipment. No reason to ban aluminum case ammo I can think of. If someone were shooting steel case ammo that I could determine was NOT steel core projectile, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    The 2nd amendment range in New Carlisle, In.
    They post the rules on the door.
    I do not care why. I just follow the rules.
    It is their range. They manage it their way.

as for customer service.
    I was in a store with a pile of stuff I wanted to purchase.
    The sales girl was on the phone (for a long time) talking product.
    When she finished talking on the phone.
    She asked if she could help me.
    I commented I was waiting a very long time.
    Her response was, it was a Potential customer.
    I said, No it was a phone call.
    I am standing here and I was a Potential customer.
    I turned and walked out.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

as for customer service.
    I turned and walked out.

Not at all surprised with this attitude.

That caller was also ahead of you, since you didnt say anything about her stopping what she was doing with you to interrupt your service with the phone call. What is wrong with waiting your turn?

Backpacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Greenwood

as for customer service.
    I turned and walked out.

I spent sometime working retail. My focus was on the customer in front of me. One on the phone went to voice mail or on hold.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I spent sometime working retail. My focus was on the customer in front of me. One on the phone went to voice mail or on hold.
    Agreed. A customer standing in front of the sales counter, to me anyway, is more urgent than one on the phone, there are variables, of course, but at least asking the phone customer to hold for a moment while acknowledging the walk in customer doesn't seem like too much to ask.

themurseman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    Greenfield
    I hate it when companies wait on phone callers instead of people who weren't too lazy to show up. It's not like they are going to buy anything on the phone. It is a big pet peeve of mine.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Not at all surprised with this attitude.

That caller was also ahead of you, since you didnt say anything about her stopping what she was doing with you to interrupt your service with the phone call. What is wrong with waiting your turn?

When was a phone caller ready to present cash?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    When was a phone caller ready to present cash?

So when you walk in the door, you expect the clerk who is on the phone in the middle of a call to say "Excuse me sir/madam, I have a customer at the counter. Please hold, I'll be back with you shortly. if you want better service, get off your a** and come to the store like the guy I am leaving you to assist." ?

If a clerk is on the phone BEFORE you are ready to engage them, you expect them to tell the person on the phone to kiss off? I expect a clerk to handle customers in the order they arrive, no matter the method. That's life. But given your other customer service oriented threads, we obviously have different expectations of what proper customer service is.

Now if a clerk interrupts our interaction to take a call and then proceeds to spend 10+ minutes helping them instead of saying "this is getting in depth and isnt a quick question, can you hold while I finish with the person I was just helping?" then you have a point. but in store customers do not ALWAYS trump callers at any and all times with no exceptions. It is all a balancing act.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    If a clerk is on the phone BEFORE you are ready to engage them, you expect them to tell the person on the phone to kiss off? I expect a clerk to handle customers in the order they arrive, no matter the method. That's life. But given your other customer service oriented threads, we obviously have different expectations of what proper customer service is.

people in the customer service seem to blindly defend their service. I will bet everyone that reads this site has stood at a counter waiting to be checked out or requiring service.
    The phone rings and the person picks up the phone.
    AND YES when a person walks up to the counter to check out. the employee should tell the person on the phone (Courteously) PLEASE HOLD.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

people in the customer service seem to blindly defend their service. I will bet everyone that reads this site has stood at a counter waiting to be checked out or requiring service.
    The phone rings and the person picks up the phone.
    AND YES when a person walks up to the counter to check out. the employee should tell the person on the phone (Courteously) PLEASE HOLD.

If the phone call was initiated BEFORE the counter contact, the clerks response should have been to ask the phone caller to wait just a moment while the clerk acknowledged the customer at the counter.
    The clerk should then address the customer at the counter with, "I'll be with you as quickly as I can", and then return to the phone call.

If you actually expect the clerk to stop a call in progress to address YOUR needs, you really need to re-evaluate you priorities.
    "First come first served" is not just a cliche'.

Top Bottom