• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Picked up a BCI defense stripped lower a few a weeks ago thru a private sale. Pulled out of box this evening to start assembly as my upper should arrive tomorrow. Apparently i should of looked a lot closer when i bought it as the hole for the bolt catch roll pin was never drilled. What a bummer! Sent them an e-mail to see what to do next. Any one ever run across this issue before?

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    If it's too good to be true...

just drill it with a press. It shouldn't be that hard.

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Im hoping since they have a lifetime guarantee they will offer to fix the problem. I guess we shall see.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I'm sure they'll make it right....

But that's pretty bad QC. I remember a few months ago some guys were saying their lowers wouldn't take certain triggers. BCI needs to get it together. I expect perfect quality at their prices.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was one of those guys with trigger fitting issues. With my INGO lower I had to do a little grinding on the housing of my drop-in trigger to get it to fit. That was the only issue I had with it though.

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Just received an email from BCI this morning. They are more than willing to make it right. They are going to send me a ups shipping label to send it back to them and once the receive send me back a replacement asap. Sounds like they are going to make it right with zero hassle, other than the downtime. Still stinks though as my upper is on the ups truck for delivery this morning and was hoping to hit the range with it this weekend

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just received an email from BCI this morning. They are more than willing to make it right. They are going to send me a ups shipping label to send it back to them and once the receive send me back a replacement asap. Sounds like they are going to make it right with zero hassle, other than the downtime. Still stinks though as my upper is on the ups truck for delivery this morning and was hoping to hit the range with it this weekend
    Can they do that without a new 4473 and transfer?Or will it be the same serial number?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Picked up a BCI defense stripped lower a few a weeks ago thru a private sale. Pulled out of box this evening to start assembly as my upper should arrive tomorrow. Apparently i should of looked a lot closer when i bought it as the hole for the bolt catch roll pin was never drilled. What a bummer! Sent them an e-mail to see what to do next. Any one ever run across this issue before?

That sucks. Weren't the INGO lowers made by BCI?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I just put 2 on layaway last week at Midwest (they were sold out and wanted to be sure to get the sale price), now I am a little worried. I would hate to end up with a turd.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    No need for another 4473 as they're going to issue a new one with same serial number. They've already e-mailed a shipping label so off it goes tomorrow

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Going by the serial number on mine v/s the serial number on lonehoosiers, mine is a early production so hopefully all the INGO lowers are good.
    The one I got must if sat in a safe for quite awhile

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Going by the serial number on mine v/s the serial number on lonehoosiers, mine is a early production so hopefully all the INGO lowers are good.
    The one I got must if sat in a safe for quite awhile

I'm pretty sure the INGO ones had a custom serial number series. I remember Fenway reserved number 0001 even though he never picked it up.

Top Bottom