• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I've been getting emails from them about that this past week. It sucks but it is what it is. If their firearms are 30% off does that mean they are only 20% above everyone else?

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I just got a message from Gander that all 126 stores are closing. They are having a going out of business sale.

ziggy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Fort Wayne area
    Apparently all of the firearms, ammo, shooting supplies, and hunting stuff will be sold off in all of their stores as part of the bankruptcy acquisition by Outdoor World. I'm not up on their prices to know if 30% off will be bargains or not. I guessing there will be some to be found. Worth a look anyhow. Ammo at 30% off sounds good to me!

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Apparently all of the firearms, ammo, shooting supplies, and hunting stuff will be sold off in all of their stores as part of the bankruptcy acquisition by Outdoor World. I'm not up on their prices to know if 30% off will be bargains or not. I guessing there will be some to be found. Worth a look anyhow. Ammo at 30% off sounds good to me!
    The Avon store is reopening under a different brand, clearance isn't for ammo or firearms. Most items are only 10% off so you're still paying too much.

No idea of his source or if it's true.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Just got back from the Gander Mountain in Greenwood. There is a a sign every 10 feet on the gun counter (not kidding) that says that there is NO discount on firearms or ammo, nor will they honor any Gander Mountain ads, flyers, promotions or coupons.

Good riddance to them and their ridiculous prices.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    And not everything is 30%. Fishing reels/rods only 10% at least at Avon currently, and tackle is 15% off. I walked through the gun area, but didn't scrutinize prices as they are generally so high anyway.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I was at the Avon store yesterday. seemed the only thing that was 30% was winter coats. I still couldn't find anything with enough of a discount to make it worth buying.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I hope that's the case. They are my go-to place for some of my fishing gear. Yeah, they can be expensive, but there are some things I just can't find at other places. Dicks is really the only other game in town, and their fishing lure and gear selection is terrible, as is what can barely be called a boating section. Gander is pretty decent there, too.

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    The Gander Mountain in Merriville has been my primary source of self defense ammo (I get my range ammo from walmart) due to Cook County's 5 cent per round tax on centerfire ammo. I guess I need to stock up and/or check out Cabelas.

Top Bottom