• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Over-priced and poor service.
    It's no small wonder this is the result.
    The big surprise to me is that it took this long.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I didn't buy much there but enjoyed browsing. Hate to see any shop go out of business.

I also appreciated the fact that they actually worked to expand their firearms sections during the BHO era even when it was unpopular. :twocents:

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Stopped in the one in Greenfield last weekend for their store closing sale. Discount prices were still higher than what I can buy elsewhere although I did save 50 cents on some targets. I will neither miss Gander or Marsh.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    The Avon store is reopening under a different brand, clearance isn't for ammo or firearms. Most items are only 10% off so you're still paying too much.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Some Camping Store, forget the name the clerk told me.

Camping World bought the company... But as of yet I haven't seen anything about keeping any stores open since yesterday. A lot has happened in the last week they went from closing a few stores to closing a bunch of stores to closing all stores. Really nothing seems to be decided that I have seen other than Gander is going away.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Camping World bought the company... But as of yet I haven't seen anything about keeping any stores open since yesterday. A lot has happened in the last week they went from closing a few stores to closing a bunch of stores to closing all stores. Really nothing seems to be decided that I have seen other than Gander is going away.
    You may recall that Camping World is owned/controlled by Marcus Lemonis of the tv show The Profit. I'm sure he will revamp Gander into something much more competitive than the current Gander. Besides, anything is better than the current Gander. Let's see what happens.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Posted in the Avon thread, but fits here too:

Just got back from the Gander Mountain in Greenwood. There is a a sign every 10 feet on the gun counter (not kidding) that says that there is NO discount on firearms or ammo, nor will they honor any Gander Mountain ads, flyers, promotions or coupons.

I won't miss them.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    ok i was at the evansville store just now, all firearm accessories are 10% off, so after that they're still 10% too high,and the gun's arn't on sale! i did buy 3 nra t shirts for 15% off (oh and the front door's still broken and has been for at least 2 months!)

i told the cashier sorry that your loosing you job, he said that the owner is trying too renegotiate leases too keep stores open and as of now 5 stores in wisconson are staying open, he's staying optimistic, my gf was in another checkout lane and the cashier said "if you know of any jobs, keep me in mind"

im kind of wondering if they'll lower prices closer to the final closing date

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Just received an email from Gander Mountain that all, whatever it is, 126, 127 stores are going out of business, so im not sure how any stores can say they're staying open.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Just received an email from Gander Mountain that all, whatever it is, 126, 127 stores are going out of business, so im not sure how any stores can say they're staying open.

im sure they're rebranding them to "camping world" from the website

In March 2017, Gander Mountain filed for voluntary Chapter 11 Bankruptcy and began the work to restructure the company and remain a part of the outdoor community. In May 2017, Gander Mountain and Overton’s were acquired by Camping World Holdings, Inc.

[h=2]Camping World[/h] Camping World Holdings, Inc. is the only provider of a comprehensive portfolio of services, protection plans, products, and resources for recreational vehicle (“RV”) enthusiasts. Through its two iconic brands, Camping World and Good Sam, the company offers new and used RVs for sale, vehicle service, and maintenance along with more than 10,000 products and services through its retail locations and membership clubs. Good Sam branded offerings provide the industry’s broadest and deepest range of services, protection plans, products, and resources. The Camping World brand operates the largest national network of RV-centric retail locations in the United States through over 125 retail locations in 36 states and an e-commerce platform. With both brands founded in 1966, product and service offerings are based on 50 years of experience and customer feedback from RV enthusiasts.
    [h=2]What does this mean for Gander Mountain?[/h] The announcement of Camping World acquiring the Gander Mountain brand means that we will continue to be a part of the specialty outdoor market. Many of our customers that depend on us for their recreational lifestyle will continue to enjoy the great products and services that have been the company’s hallmark throughout its history. We at Gander Mountain believe that our best days are still ahead of us and we ask that you join us in welcoming and supporting this successful transition. Camping World shares the same passion for the outdoors as Gander Mountain and our customers, making for a great melding of businesses and outdoor communities.
    Welcome to the team, Camping World! We are excited for the future and the infinite possibilities ahead of us to serve the outdoor community!
    Check back in Fall 2017 for more details!

C-Wolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Evansville
    Not a surprise. I love their selection, but it always rubbed me wrong how they are priced so much higher than other places. Was in there today, and the signs mentioned (same location as shooter six) 10-30 percent off store wide....no asterisk.

I always loved how they'd 'go on sale' but exclude the things people want....guns and ammo. The people are nice, and I hate it that they're losing their lively hoods, but hopefully corporate learns a thing or two. Rural King for me, and if they don't have what I need/want, Academy.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I talked to a "suit" today at the Greenwood GM and asked about the closing signs everywhere.
    I was told by him that the new parent company was still trying to decide which stores were going to be closed.
    Greenwood is to remain open I was told.

Top Bottom