• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maddogmech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Does anyone know the condition of the club due to high water ? Tried to get to it Sat morn and the road leading to the club was closed due the high water !

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Club is open and was not closed during flooding, but Burton Lane (access off 37) was flooded for a couple of days last week shutting off access via that route.

Burton Lane has re-opened and there was no damage to our range roads or ranges from flooding Indian Creek. We dodged a wet bullet! Come on down.

Roger for the Board

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Info for members of the Martinsville Sportsmans Conservation Club.

Any members who have visited the club in the last 12 months should have noticed 2 things:

1) a section of our range access road has been eroded by the river to the point we must shore it up...over the next few weeks, expect to see LOTS of truckloads of rip rap delivered and equipment putting it in place. This may close access back to the range for a day or two...no other way to get it done and if not done, we could lose our road to a future flood. Til this work is complete, please drive the range road extra carefully and stay closer to the hillside coming and going...we'd hate to see you and your vehicle nose first into the river!!!

2) at the rear of our range road where we have two 35 yard ranges and a 300+ yard range...two MORE ranges have been under construction for a year now (delays mostly due to wet weather preventing heavy equipment to navigate the area). These two NEW ranges are now DONE as is a much larger, drive up to the ranges parking area. We will be installing shooting shelters and some benches in the next couple of months. Shelter construction is 1-2 days max and other ranges will remain open while they are put in place. These two new ranges are 40 foot wide and 60 foot wide respectively and 40-60 yards in length. Shelters and benches will cover part of these ranges, but about half the firing line space will be left open for different types of shooting.

These two new ranges AND the new drive up parking areas are now available for use if desired...but as said, shelters/benches are on order for early Oct. delivery.

Enjoy,
    Roger for the Board

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Info for members of the Martinsville Sportsmans Conservation Club.

Any members who have visited the club in the last 12 months should have noticed 2 things:

1) a section of our range access road has been eroded by the river to the point we must shore it up...over the next few weeks, expect to see LOTS of truckloads of rip rap delivered and equipment putting it in place. This may close access back to the range for a day or two...no other way to get it done and if not done, we could lose our road to a future flood. Til this work is complete, please drive the range road extra carefully and stay closer to the hillside coming and going...we'd hate to see you and your vehicle nose first into the river!!!

2) at the rear of our range road where we have two 35 yard ranges and a 300+ yard range...two MORE ranges have been under construction for a year now (delays mostly due to wet weather preventing heavy equipment to navigate the area). These two NEW ranges are now DONE as is a much larger, drive up to the ranges parking area. We will be installing shooting shelters and some benches in the next couple of months. Shelter construction is 1-2 days max and other ranges will remain open while they are put in place. These two new ranges are 40 foot wide and 60 foot wide respectively and 40-60 yards in length. Shelters and benches will cover part of these ranges, but about half the firing line space will be left open for different types of shooting.

These two new ranges AND the new drive up parking areas are now available for use if desired...but as said, shelters/benches are on order for early Oct. delivery.

Enjoy,
    Roger for the Board

Thanks for all you do for the club! I look forward to being a member one day!

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Info for members of the Martinsville Sportsmans Conservation Club

[FONT=&quot]Club will be closed Wed. April 4th and Thurs April 5th due to high water covering parts of the range road AND two fallen trees blocking access. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For now, assume we will be open Friday April 6th and we will update status here, then.[/FONT]

WarmPepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Anybody know if something is wrong with the gate? Been a bit since I’ve been down but drove down this morning and badge doesn’t function. The swipe thing sounds kinda weak/odd with the sounds it’s making but no idea.

Cant remember if I’ve been down this year so far or not, but check cleared last November...

i emailed, but there goes my day’s plan.. finally got the wife to head down with me and couldn’t even get in...:xmad:

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    I went Friday and had no problems with the gate. Wonder if there is a problem with your card? Do you store your card in your wallet? I’ve heard this can cause problems with the longevity of the cards.

WarmPepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    I went Friday and had no problems with the gate. Wonder if there is a problem with your card? Do you store your card in your wallet? I’ve heard this can cause problems with the longevity of the cards.
    Thanks for the update about Friday. Nah, it’s stored in my range case (old toolbox) safe in a top area. I didn’t hear anyone else, so I wasn’t sure if it was limited to me or if it was the entire gate/everyone.

WarmPepsi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Yeah, I got confirmation today that it was my card. I paid, they deposited, but I got listed as “Did not renew” so it got shut off.

Im embarrassed that it took me 7 months to figure it out. :(

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Off topic question.....how busy was it when you were there? I've yet to make it over on a Sunday and am curious how busy it is.

I've been there on weekends and it's absolutely horrible! I bet there was 3 or 4 other people there the last time I went in on a Sunday and Saturday's are even worse with as many as 7 people there at the same time!!:drama:

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I was there at 0730 this morning and I left just before noon. I saw a couple of deer on my way in.
    I talked with the guy cutting the grass grass while we were both taking a break around 0900.
    There were vehicles at both rifle ranges when I left , so I guess there were 4 people in attendance.
    Having Mondays off does have some advantages :):

Top Bottom