Another Four Rules Violation - Washington County Juvenile in Serious Condition..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/INPOLICE/bulletins/1998f46

Washington County Juvenile in Serious Condition after being Shot

Washington County- Today in the early afternoon hours, John Levi Bird, 16, from Pekin, IN, was shot by another juvenile. The shooting took place in a barn located near 10825 Honey Run Road in Washington County near Pekin.

The preliminary investigation has revealed the two juveniles were in a barn near the above mentioned location when one of the juveniles picked up a weapon that was located in the barn. When the juvenile picked up the weapon, he pulled the trigger, firing the weapon while it was pointed towards the victim, John Levi Bird. After John Levi Bird was shot he was transported by personal vehicle to the St. Vincent Hospital in Salem, IN. He was later transported by air ambulance to the University of Louisville Hospital in Louisville, KY with life threatening injuries from the gunshot wound...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Al-Bundy-Well-Here-We-Go-Again.jpg

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Seem to me that tragedy such as this call for mandatory firearms safety in schools.

Maybe combine it in a "safety class"? Make it part of a series of instruction on fires, first aid, CPR, automobiles, power tools, electricity, inter alia?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    A little Mark Twain is in order I believe....

[FONT=&quot]Don't meddle with old unloaded firearms. They are the most deadly and unerring things that have ever been created by man. You don't have to take any pains at all with them; you don't have to have a rest, you don't have to have any sights on the gun, you don't have to take aim, even. No, you just pick out a relative and bang away, and you are sure to get him. A youth who can't hit a cathedral at thirty yards with a Gatling gun in three-quarters of an hour, can take up an old empty musket and bag his mother every time at a hundred. Think what Waterloo would have been if one of the armies had been boys armed with old rusty muskets supposed not to be loaded, and the other army had been composed of their female relations. The very thought of it makes me shudder.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- Advice to Youth speech, 4/15/1882[/FONT]

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Seem to me that tragedy such as this call for mandatory firearms safety in schools.

Maybe combine it in a "safety class"? Make it part of a series of instruction on fires, first aid, CPR, automobiles, power tools, electricity, inter alia?

You have my attention and very likely my support for this suggestion. Thank you for offering it. :yesway:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    So, I flipped on the INGO tube this morning at 5pm, and learned that Kirk wants to have classes on how to shoot people in barns, Indiucky suggests it be taught by an old classmate of his, Mark something or other.
    ATM offers to pay for the class for every student in Indiana, and they all laugh about how they stole the idea from Tamara anyway, This doesn't matter, they all agree, because she is so feisty and disagreeable.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So, I flipped on the INGO tube this morning at 5pm, and learned that Kirk wants to have classes on how to shoot people in barns, Indiucky suggests it be taught by an old classmate of his, Mark something or other.
    ATM offers to pay for the class for every student in Indiana, and they all laugh about how they stole the idea from Tamara anyway, This doesn't matter, they all agree, because she is so feisty and disagreeable.

Hey, whoa there, how about a *spoiler alert* next time?

Sometimes I jump right to the end and then work back toward the front.

(that's actually a signature move of mine) :whistle:

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN

Thanks Denny. ;)

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadeyeChrista'sdad View Post
    Thanks Denny.
    WOW. I have never been so insulted in my life.
    I religiously avoid any use of facts and figures in order not to "Denney up" a thread. EVERYONE KNOWS THIS!
    Boy oh boy.

Top Bottom