• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    "It is pretty bold. To take some bolt cutters out and cut the seal and locks, and actually go in and steal weapons like that," said Chief Gammage.

Bold? That makes it sound like any common criminal could have done it.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You think the robbers already knew what was inside and were assured the driver would "sleep" through the robbery?

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I think, as alluded to in the rail cop thread, that common thugs often target freight conveyances. That there might be guns in this one was a fair guess. I also think, unless he's really stupid, the driver did, indeed, sleep through this one.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Many of the trucks today are equipped with APU's (Auxiliary power units) which charge the batteries and heat/cool the cab. If this unit was running, it would be very hard for the driver to hear or "feel" the truck being robbed. I think there are many cases of semi's being broken into and robbed as a crime of opportunity. I doubt it was a conspiracy. It just happened that the truck was loaded with firearms and ammo, doubt the thieves knew this prior to the break in. Sure hope they get the bastarxx and put them in prison for many years.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    You think the robbers already knew what was inside and were assured the driver would "sleep" through the robbery?

Being a former driver I can tell you that #1 By virtue of being at the Academy alone meant he likely had a high value load.
    #2 Driver does not necessarily know what he is hauling. Done this more than a few times, albeit to nuclear power stations and a couple Air Force bases.
    #3 He should have parked against a building or light pole and will probably lose his job for that. Type of lock is pointless, a prepared thief will easily defeat what ever you bring to the game.
    #4 I once sideswiped a flat bed right in front of his rear wheels. He only stopped because someone saw it and told him on the CB. The idea a driver asleep up front is going to know whats going on at the rear of his trailer is absurd. The Kardashians could have a pool party back there and you would never know it up front.
    #5 Only an idiot would get out of the cab and confront the thieves.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Being a former driver I can tell you that #1 By virtue of being at the Academy alone meant he likely had a high value load.
    #2 Driver does not necessarily know what he is hauling. Done this more than a few times, albeit to nuclear power stations and a couple Air Force bases.
    #3 He should have parked against a building or light pole and will probably lose his job for that. Type of lock is pointless, a prepared thief will easily defeat what ever you bring to the game.
    #4 I once sideswiped a flat bed right in front of his rear wheels. He only stopped because someone saw it and told him on the CB. The idea a driver asleep up front is going to know whats going on at the rear of his trailer is absurd. The Kardashians could have a pool party back there and you would never know it up front.
    #5 Only an idiot would get out of the cab and confront the thieves.

Well, except for Kim's butt being visible in BOTH side mirrors... ;)

Endrin2113

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Plainfield
    That's a pretty good haul. If I weren't so afraid of *pound me in the ass* federal prison, I might not be able to resist a theft of opportunity like that. (I jest)

Top Bottom