• chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    More proof that New Jersey needs to fall off the eastern seaboard:

http://www.nj2as.org/lgbtq_woman_arrested_denied_lawyer_and_medical_tre atment_over_legal_firearms

The state of New Jersey is at it again. A Pennsylvania woman was arrested, denied legal counsel and denied feminine hygiene products due to legal firearms locked securely in the trunk of her car after stopping to text her girlfriend. The following story is another nightmare caused by New Jersey's draconian, unconstitutional gun control regime.

[video=youtube;WAxwhytg9OQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAxwhytg9OQ[/video]

More:

https://www.ammoland.com/2016/11/update-meg-fellenbaum-case/

This is worse than the Shaneen Allen incident. There's not much information out there, because the prosecutor's office is squashing the release of any details, and (natch) the media won't touch it.

Oh, and to make your blood boil that much more:

NFL's Josh Huff Pleads Guilty In Gun Case, Won't Go To Jail | TMZ.com

[video=youtube;Y9LjYQ28rsw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9LjYQ28rsw[/video]

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Blame the voters for empowering these *&$^*(^(%$*ers.
    Freedom is occasionally fought for.
    IF you choose to live and frequent these areas then the fault is yours.
    I mostly agree with you Chip but it always comes down to owning up to one's actions.
    Vote the pukes out AND/OR move out and away from these areas.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Blame the voters for empowering these *&$^*(^(%$*ers.
    Freedom is occasionally fought for.
    IF you choose to live and frequent these areas then the fault is yours.
    I mostly agree with you Chip but it always comes down to owning up to one's actions.
    Vote the pukes out AND/OR move out and away from these areas.

Ms. Fellenbaum is a resident of PA. How can she vote for or against NJ statists?

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    That is one of the reasons I moved out of NJ years ago. The state is so screwed up beyond belief. All the police there think they are Miami Vice and they will do anything for a "collar" . How unfortunate that NJ remains the corrupted wasteland that it is now.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    You won't catch me traveling anywhere through NJ, MD, D.C., MA, or Commiefornia.
    If only the rest of the country would follow suit for the same reasons, these states would lose hundreds of millions in tourist revenue and be forced to confront the error of their ways.
    I won't hold out any hope, though.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You won't catch me traveling anywhere through NJ, MD, D.C., MA, or Commiefornia.
    If only the rest of the country would follow suit for the same reasons, these states would lose hundreds of millions in tourist revenue and be forced to confront the error of their ways.

Same here. Except at some point I will need to swallow my pride and venture into enemy territory and take the kids to see DC. Too much of our history that needs to be experienced there. (the rest can go to hell for all I care)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I have one major question.
    How did the N.J. officer know that he woman had a firearm in her trunk?
    She is parked in a lot texting her friend.
    Why did the police stop and question her?
    What was the reason for the initial encounter?

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Ms. Fellenbaum is a resident of PA. How can she vote for or against NJ statists?

That's just a part of " don't frequent" these areas.

I may take it to extremes but I boycott Hamilton Co after experiencing their "gated society".
    I don't frequent areas that put a heavy thumb on the meat scales.
    Azzhats with perceived power are still azzhats. The power is only brought under control by spending money to make sure the azzhats don't overstep legal boundaries.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort

I 100% agree with you, I do not travel to Illinois, will never visit Commiefornia or the East coast states you mentioned. I also try to purchase those items that are produced in Gun friendly states. IE, when I purchase Firearm related items I try to purchase from conservative states. If all gun owners did the same it might cause enough of an economic issue to cause some changes, although I have doubts the political hacks in those states care!

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART

The whole encounter sounds like 4th amendment cluster f##k, and just the first of many civil rights violations.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

I think the point was broader than her alone, but she apparently owns a home in New Jersey as well. Where she votes? Don't know, doesn't really matter. This does appear to be a case of ignorance of the law, dumb laws, certainly, but she apparently told the police officer about the gun in the trunk.

The whole encounter sounds like 4th amendment cluster f##k, and just the first of many civil rights violations.

Maybe, but she was pulled off on the side of the road. She was not pulled over by the police. A police officer says he say a round of ammunition in the back seat of the car (hollow point?) and asked her if she had a gun in the car. She said it was secured in the trunk. He asked to see her permit, which she showed him, but apparently N.J. does not honor Penn. permits. If that is true, as far as it goes to that point, I don't see a 4th Amendment violation. After that if her story is true there may be other legal problems, however.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Did you read the article? :dunno:

Why does the article trot out here sexuality as the very first "word" in the title?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I think the point was broader than her alone, but she apparently owns a home in New Jersey as well. Where she votes? Don't know, doesn't really matter. This does appear to be a case of ignorance of the law, dumb laws, certainly, but she apparently told the police officer about the gun in the trunk.

Not as I read it, she didn't. The officer allegedly saw a hollow-point round in her backseat, and asked for her consent to search the car. She refused to give that consent.

The officer asked to see her PA carry license (why, I don't know, because NJ doesn't even recognize PA's carry license). The officer then made an issue out of her PA carry license being expired. Not even that is relevant, because she was not carrying a firearm; she was transporting firearms locked in her trunk - for which a carry license is not required.

Maybe, but she was pulled off on the side of the road. She was not pulled over by the police. A police officer says he say a round of ammunition in the back seat of the car (hollow point?) and asked her if she had a gun in the car. She said it was secured in the trunk. He asked to see her permit, which she showed him, but apparently N.J. does not honor Penn. permits. If that is true, as far as it goes to that point, I don't see a 4th Amendment violation. After that if her story is true there may be other legal problems, however.

She pulled off on the side of the road to send a text message. The police officer stopped to investigate why she was pulled off the road. At that point, the officer claims to have seen a hollow-point round in her backseat, which started the whole series of events.

I note that a later charge of "criminal trespass" (she pulled off into the parking lot of private property) was added to the ridiculous list of charges against her - presumably to give PC cover to the police for even bothering her to begin with.

As I see it, the only grounds the NJ thugs have against her are the single, hollow-point round allegedly seen in her backseat. Her firearms were transported lawfully under FOPA, whether the NJ thugs had legitimate grounds to search her car, or not.

I am amazed (wait: this is INGO; no, I'm really not amazed) that anyone would fail to see the obvious violations of second and fourth amendment-protected rights by the NJ thugs.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Not as I read it, she didn't. The officer allegedly saw a hollow-point round in her backseat, and asked for her consent to search the car. She refused to give that consent.

The officer asked to see her PA carry license (why, I don't know, because NJ doesn't even recognize PA's carry license). The officer then made an issue out of her PA carry license being expired. Not even that is relevant, because she was not carrying a firearm; she was transporting firearms locked in her trunk - for which a carry license is not required.

She pulled off on the side of the road to send a text message. The police officer stopped to investigate why she was pulled off the road. At that point, the officer claims to have seen a hollow-point round in her backseat, which started the whole series of events.

I note that a later charge of "criminal trespass" (she pulled off into the parking lot of private property) was added to the ridiculous list of charges against her - presumably to give PC cover to the police for even bothering her to begin with.

As I see it, the only grounds the NJ thugs have against her are the single, hollow-point round allegedly seen in her backseat. Her firearms were transported lawfully under FOPA, whether the NJ thugs had legitimate grounds to search her car, or not.

I am amazed (wait: this is INGO; no, I'm really not amazed) that anyone would fail to see the obvious violations of second and fourth amendment-protected rights by the NJ thugs.

Not defending anything for NJ here just what a lot of folks don't consider. While yes it was complete total BS what happened the problem is when one finds their self in that case it's generally up to them to give legal council to even try and get it dropped. No one in NJ really cares wether it's right or wrong.

She can probably get out of it but she will have to do the first step before she has even a chance of a lawsuits. A case a few years ago with a Coast Guard person that got himmed up took a few years before it was clear. And that was when the whole LEOSA law was new.

Good luck to her.

Top Bottom