Will Cabelas lower the price of a handgun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I stopped at my local Cabelas today to see a handgun they have in stock. They are at full MSRP on it. I can get one on gunbroker and save myself about $150 but I just assume snag this one. I would like to get it down a $100 though. Their website says they do price match but needs to be a print ad, this is of course not.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have had cash on the table and guns to trade and they wouldn't budge off their full blown price tags. Funny how their used selection is full blown list as well.

People don't seem to mind because there is always a line and money changing hands. As far as guns go I shop elsewhere.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    There are deals to be had at Cabela's, they are far and few between though. To the op I would suggest Blythe's, Westforth, or South County guns if you prefer to buy local. They usually have some wiggle room

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just buy it on line and Cabela's can join Gander Mountain. For $150 (minus shipping and FFL) I can wait a week or two. If the difference is more that $25 (including shipping and FFL), I buy online.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I ALWAYS get to know the manager at the gun library.
    Often I've been able to get a better price on a used gun just being the nice guy that I am.
    They won't budge on a new one, usually. Bud's Guns, Whittaker's in Owensboro, CDNN. These are my usual bargain spots. And pawn shops.

clayshooter99

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Price is not everything...the last and only gun I bought at Noblesville Cabelas took about 55 total minutes to get out the door once I decided.....and I was only the second person buying a gun that morning. There are some very good deals at Cabelas, you just have to be really informed and watch close. I have a lot of Cabelas clothing and shooting/hunting gear that I paid under 50% for.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    For $150 I would wait, try a local gun shop, they can probably order it for you. maybe place an ad here in the WTB section. I've had good luck with that in the past.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Last two rifles I bought were from Cabelas. They were both "Cabelas exclusive" model Savage 12FVs. Checked a LGS and their wholesaler couldn't get the same model and the closest they could come was $200 higher. The first one, a .204, was listed online for $399 and had a mail-in $100 rebate from Savage. Called the Noblesville store and they said they would hold the one they had in stock for me. Got there and found it was not $399. It was $349 and I still got the rebate. The second one was purchased a month ago. It's a .22-250 and was $499. One smoking deal and one good deal. Timing is everything.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Cabelas is one of the worst places to buy a gun

If you are patient and know what the current going price is for the guns you are interested you can get good to great deals from Cabela's when they have one of their frequent sales. For example they recently had a 2x and 5x cash back sale for Cabela's Club Visa holders. Some guns I was interested in still weren't at a good price even with the extra cash back but others were either close to or better than the typical going price before the cash back. I picked up a Winchester model 70 Featherweight for a little over $600 and Sig P238 for a bit over $400 after cash back.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    The kid managing Noblesville's gun counter told me policy wouldn't allow him to come down on a new gun tagged price last time I was in there; however he could sweeten the deal by adding a $50 gift card with purchase, which he did.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    As long as there are plenty of newbies entering the world of gun ownership, there will be companies willing to fleece them as they come.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    If you are patient and know what the current going price is for the guns you are interested you can get good to great deals from Cabela's when they have one of their frequent sales. For example they recently had a 2x and 5x cash back sale for Cabela's Club Visa holders. Some guns I was interested in still weren't at a good price even with the extra cash back but others were either close to or better than the typical going price before the cash back. I picked up a Winchester model 70 Featherweight for a little over $600 and Sig P238 for a bit over $400 after cash back.

That's really not a deal though considering you have to get a cc from them.

spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    Only deals at cabela's are when they have sales on high volume guns. High end, forget it! Never buy anything unless it is on sale there. Try jerrys gun shop in Rensselaer he has always been fair.

Top Bottom