• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    https://www.amazon.com/Straight-Talk-Armed-Defense-Experts/dp/1440247544

I received an advanced copy and am recommending it to anyone who carries for self defense or deals with criminals professionally. It's a little sampler of a lot of topics, each written by someone Mas believes to be a subject matter expert. He reached out to folks in multiple disciplines (cops, lawyers, psychologists, etc) so there's a lot of things of interest you may not have even realized would have been of interest.

In the words of Mas, "...a gathering of a dozen SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) each addressing the specific element of threat management for which they are most famous..." Mas rightfully points out each subject could be a lifetime study in and of itself, but the "sampler platter" approach is a valid one and just knowing the highlights of a given field may make a difference for you.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'll add this to the reading list. Thanks BBI!

With most writers on the subject of such matters it seems like you have to wade through a bit of B.S. to get to the meat...What I always liked about Massad was there was no B.S. Just meat...It's hard to explain but it's the vibe I get from reading his stuff....There is no fluff...In the Gravest Extreme is a perfect example...Small book with zero filler...I am looking forward to this book...

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Added to my wishlist for when it comes back in stock.
    Mas is one of the gun writers with something valuable to say, and he makes it interesting every time.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Added to my wishlist for when it comes back in stock.
    Mas is one of the gun writers with something valuable to say, and he makes it interesting every time.

He's got my respect, and he's a cool guy in person as well. He recently did a fundraiser class for Denny up at Sand Burr after the break-in. I don't know how many national names like that would take the time to help a friend in that way, but I know at least one who did.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    That SME list is impressive, I'm not going to be able to wait for the audio book on this one. I will have have to actually read a book printed on paper:faint:, when its back in stock anyway

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't know I've ever seen a pre-order book that was already out of stock. I guess it shows there's a lot of people out there looking for reliable information on the topic. Or the publisher had some snag and hasn't printed enough yet, I suppose.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    All star cast contributing to this one.

Edit: Got mine on Monday (yes, during the holiday). On page 92.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    BBIs, I got to read it today as a nationally-recognized gun writer and editor brought the new book to lunch after the gun show today.

You write very well, BBIs. Clear. Tight. Concise. Likely honed via all those police reports over the years.

The only thing I would add is a yiu sum/conclusions/take-aways/whatever at the end of the chapter, e.g. "What works:", "What will get you seriously killed:" and that is a style point.

You need to write more.

Top Bottom