Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Massad Ayoob's new book

***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)&linkCode=as2&tag=jdteta-20" target="_blank">https://www.amazon.com/Straight-Talk.../dp/***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)

I received an advanced copy and am recommending it to anyone who carries for self defense or deals with criminals professionally. It's a little sampler of a lot of topics, each written by someone Mas believes to be a subject matter expert. He reached out to folks in multiple disciplines (cops, lawyers, psychologists, etc) so there's a lot of things of interest you may not have even realized would have been of interest.

In the words of Mas, "...a gathering of a dozen SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) each addressing the specific element of threat management for which they are most famous..." Mas rightfully points out each subject could be a lifetime study in and of itself, but the "sampler platter" approach is a valid one and just knowing the highlights of a given field may make a difference for you.
    My nuts are the great uniter.

Indiucky, Across the river from Kentuckiana
    It makes a perfect bookend to "In the Gravest Extreme"...Thanks for posting brother....

I have read some of the authors and may have even met Spencer Blue one time....
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

I'll add this to the reading list. Thanks BBI!
    Tim

Indiucky, Across the river from Kentuckiana
    Quote Originally Posted by 88E30M50 View Post
    I'll add this to the reading list. Thanks BBI!
    With most writers on the subject of such matters it seems like you have to wade through a bit of B.S. to get to the meat...What I always liked about Massad was there was no B.S. Just meat...It's hard to explain but it's the vibe I get from reading his stuff....There is no fluff...In the Gravest Extreme is a perfect example...Small book with zero filler...I am looking forward to this book...
    Quote Originally Posted by patience0830 View Post
    Thread killing historian.

I'll pick this one up once it's back in stock. Looks like a good read.
    Easy choices, hard life.
    Hard choices, easy life.

Plinker
    thanks I'll have to check this out.

I will most certainly buy that book....I read all his stuff.
    The unarmed man is not only defenseless - he is also contemptible.

Another Must Read!
    "If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
    Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.
    And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind."
    Major Michael Davis O'Donnell KIA 7 Feb 1978

added to my list
    "Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem."

"A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and substantial reason' why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The rights existence is all the reason he needs." Benson Everett Legg - Woolard v. Sheridan

If you're a noob, develop thick skin, and read the FAQs

Actaeon - act'-tee-on
    The death of Actaeon - http://www.paleothea.com/Myths/Actaeon.html

Added to my wishlist for when it comes back in stock.
    Mas is one of the gun writers with something valuable to say, and he makes it interesting every time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast