• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Topshelf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 15, 2017
    New Albany
    Alright to start this out one of my distributors called me today and said they have a Mossberg Shockwave if I want one. I have a day or so to give them an answer so I thought I should ask you guys. Is there a market for these things or is it more of a novelty thing? If I get one the price is gonna be $389.99 which is comparable to most sites selling them. Just kinda testing the waters on everyones opinion. :dunno:

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I would think that it still has that "new car smell" and someone will gladly part with their money to have it.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I would think the market for a gun like that would a body guard detail or SWAT entry team. Aside from the "OOH cool" factor, I can't see a reason for having one

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    AYA3GP8.jpg

I love mine. Have shot it extensively and found it to be easy to handle and shoot. I have been firing a stockless shotgun for years so shooting it off the hip is easy for me. I also took time to try and aim mine and found that easy to do as well. This is a great Home Defense shotgun and I love mine. I am sure the Remington Gatekeeper is also nice.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I would think the market for a gun like that would a body guard detail or SWAT entry team. Aside from the "OOH cool" factor, I can't see a reason for having one

Gee, I really can't show a reason for purchasing my last 40 or 50 guns. Do we really "need" a reason? If so I am in trouble!!

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Gee, I really can't show a reason for purchasing my last 40 or 50 guns. Do we really "need" a reason? If so I am in trouble!!
    Like I said: "ASIDE FROM THE 'OOH COOL' FACTOR', I cant see a reason for having one." I own more than I "need" too--just ask any anti-gun-nut.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

I can't think of any stock-less long gun I've ever seen in the hands of our SWAT guys. Given what you lose in recoil control and target transition, I don't think you'll see it used over a standard SBS or SBR.

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    So let me educate here, the Remington Shotgun is called the Tac-14, the gatekeeper you speak of is made by Asylum Weaponry, and although the Gatekeeper 2 was a Remington, the original Gatekeeper was a Mossberg 500 receiver

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I would consider it for an HD gun if it had a pistol grip. Another concern is that neither of the ranges of which I am a member will allow a gun to be fired from the hip. What good is a gun that you can't practice with?

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I would consider it for an HD gun if it had a pistol grip. Another concern is that neither of the ranges of which I am a member will allow a gun to be fired from the hip. What good is a gun that you can't practice with?

Don't shoot it from the hip.

[video=youtube;fM_sqSTg2v8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM_sqSTg2v8[/video]

Top Bottom