• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dozer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Sellersburg
    Florida concealed weapons permit holders exposed in computer hack | Tampa Bay Times

More than 16,000 concealed weapons permit holders in Florida may have had their names accidentally made public because of a data breach at the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. The agency released a statement saying concealed weapons licensees who renewed online may have had their names accessed, and 469 other customers were notified that their Social Security numbers may have been hacked as part of the breach.

dozer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Sellersburg
    Its funny I was just on their website yesterday lookin at the requirements to apply for my non resident. Glad I hadn't pull the trigger yet.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So glad everything is being forced on us to be done over the internet. So secure. One would think government agencies would be the most secure, but I guess not as they are proving to be the least secure.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    So glad everything is being forced on us to be done over the internet. So secure. One would think government agencies would be the most secure, but I guess not as they are proving to be the least secure.
    The only secure network is the one not connected to anything.

Government agencies are prime targets for hackers of all kinds. In today's world the biggest weakness is people. People like to browse the internet and they love to click on :poop:. Those are both ways for hackers to get inside your defenses.

cooltools

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Just can't wait for self driving cars, gonna feel sooo safe.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Do you think it was the Russians?
    Probably the Russian Mafia from somewhere like St. Petersburg. They hacked in through the online payment system, undoubtedly looking for usable C/C information. I doubt Florida is using an in-house payment system of their own. Nearly all state and local governments contract for online payment services, as do the Feds.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I did mine yesterday at 3:30pm, don't know if I should be worried or not, mine was electronic...

I did pay cash.

Oddly enough there was beautiful painting of the 2nd amendment at the tax collector (Florida DMV) where they process and do the concealed carry permit, odd it said the 2nd amendment shale not be infringed yet there I was having my finger prints processed and background check done all while paying $124........

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I did mine yesterday at 3:30pm, don't know if I should be worried or not, mine was electronic...

I did pay cash.

Oddly enough there was beautiful painting of the 2nd amendment at the tax collector (Florida DMV) where they process and do the concealed carry permit, odd it said the 2nd amendment shale not be infringed yet there I was having my finger prints processed and background check done all while paying $124........

Florida Man agrees with you.

Sullivan was arrested after an officer responded to the 15200 block of Southwest 104th Street for a report of a man with green hair and tattoos on his face who was pointing a gun at passing vehicles, the report said.
    At one point Sullivan told the officer "I don't have a permit cause it's too expensive," the report said.

Top Bottom