• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oucme69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    indianapolis
    The family is going to the zoo tomorrow and I am wondering if I can carry there. I know they say no firearms but can cc so they can't see. But don't know if they search or have metal detectors. I looked threw the forms but couldn't find anything resent to see if maybe they updated there entrance. Thank in advance

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I was going to recommend a double gun in a significant caliber and a safari jacket...

I was at the Milwaukee zoo years ago and noticed that the Wolverine in one of their outdoor areas kept throwing itself at the wall where viewers had gathered. I walked around the enclosure to get a different view and noted that it was throwing itself at a place where a branch from a bush was hanging down...almost there...just inches away. I recommended to a local worker that they might want to trim the hedges before that Wolverine joined the crowd.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I thought Cincinnati Zoo was posted GFZ.
    Yeah in cimcinatti or Ohio in general signs hold the weight of law. So if there is a no gun sign you will be going to jail if they catch you. Also Ohio is a "must inform state" so if you are involved in a traffic stop you must immediately upon contact tell the officer "I have a gun" or go to jail and they will do it too. So yeah have fun with that bs. I don't think a right can be legistlated away myself nor did our founders but just keep the consequences in mind should you choose to carry.
    Indianapolis zoo is good to go as long as they never see it. If they do you will be asked to leave. Otherwise No issue. Have fun.

cincinatti used to have mag limits (10 rounds) as of just a couple years ago. The state made that uninforcable thankfully.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but: The Indy zoo being inside of White River State Park no local ordinance can limit carry beyond what the state has already limited, therefore local gov making limited carry laws in the zoo against state law and state allows carry in zoos and parks.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but: The Indy zoo being inside of White River State Park no local ordinance can limit carry beyond what the state has already limited, therefore local gov making limited carry laws in the zoo against state law and state allows carry in zoos and parks.
    the zoo leases the property from the state for like a dollar a year I think. But yes the state passed a law like 2 years ago that made the Indianapolis city code of no guns in city parks null and void, since Indianapolis city council wouldn't do the right thing themselves and other cities too. So the state slapped their pee pees

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    And maybe with the increased demand they will make more and prices could come down...hey we can dream...

If you are talking about the high price of doubles, it is not the demand or lack their of that makes them expensive, it the time and labor intensive cost of hand fitting to regulate the barrel. EAA did make some cheap doubles with a wheel for the owners to adjust regulation but very few ever made it to the US and with the exception of a chambering in .45/70 all were small bores.

Top Bottom