• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Freebird01

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    So today I took my son, who is 9, to the indoor range at Freedom Firearms here in Fort Wayne today to do some shooting.

Now he has a compound bow and has shot a pellet gun plenty of times, but today he moved up to shooting my Glenfield Model 25 bolt action .22 and my H&R sportsman .22 revolver...

He handled the gun perfectly...asked good questioned and listened

This was 35 shots total @ 10yards open sights... First time shooting this rifle.

Not bad for 9...

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Freedom has a nice indoor range.....anytime HE wants to barrow my Anschutz he's welcome to.....or please bring him and you to our monthly silhouette match in Antwerp Ohio......

Good shooting,keep it up

Aaron

Freebird01

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Freedom has a nice indoor range.....anytime HE wants to barrow my Anschutz he's welcome to.....or please bring him and you to our monthly silhouette match in Antwerp Ohio......

Good shooting,keep it up

Aaron

I follow Antwerp club on Facebook. I'd love to check it out sometime. I got some larger rifles I have shot in way too long.

And working on the AR situation lol. Slow but sure I'm building my own.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Good job and Great Shooting. Look forward to the day he out shoots dad. ( which my Not be long looking at that target )

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Know that proud feeling. This target was my daughters second time to the range with her Savage Rascal awhile back. She loves to shoot and will be trying a pistol for the first time this weekend

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Way to go carrying the torch to the next generation.
    He'll be begging you to take him to the range from now on.
    The best part will be watching him polish up his technique and shrink his groups each time.

Freebird01

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    My thought always has been to start them off young and educate them. That way you put the curiosity to bed and accidents are exponentially less likely to happen. If he asks I never scold him...I explain and answer his questions. I also drill in him the major rules of firearm safety. Always treat the gun as if it were loaded. Never point it at anyone...always point it down range...stuff like that.

I couldn't be more proud of the kid. At the cub scout events, my wife says he is the best behaved around the shooting sports and always takes it seriously wether it's a BB gun,bow, or even a sling shot.

I could care less if he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn from 3ft away. It's awesome to see his etiquette and interest at 9...the fact that he is a decent shot is just a bonus!

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I remember a bumper-sticker I saw, (and had), back when my twins were very young: "Take your boy hunting, instead of hunting for your boy". It could easily have said "shooting" in place of hunting. Well done dad. Your son is learning discipline, and developing character, not to even mention spending great time with dad, while carrying the torch of gun and gun handling skills into the next generation.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Very cool.

My son and I shoot quite a bit. He is only four.

IMG_0244-L.jpg

Last edited:

Freebird01

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Top Bottom