• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I got a grand opening sale e-mail from BLYTHES, it said was sold after 65yrs in business.I guess roger and his brother figured it was time to retire ? They had a good run I guess, too bad , but at least somebody bought them.Spent quit a few duck opening days at shop before we went to the slough or J/P for a draw.Spent some money there and was very happy.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Kind of old news. Believe ownership changed about 3-4 months ago, but the old owner stuck around for a bit to help with the transition from what i understand.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Nothing to be sorry about,....it's still there. My last three gun purchases were from the new ownership. One I said I'd take as-is and it was written up with a 30% discount I didn't even ask for. That's never happened before!

weedsnager

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 28, 2013
    Winfield, In
    I got a grand opening sale e-mail from BLYTHES, it said was sold after 65yrs in business.I guess roger and his brother figured it was time to retire ? They had a good run I guess, too bad , but at least somebody bought them.Spent quit a few duck opening days at shop before we went to the slough or J/P for a draw.Spent some money there and was very happy.

Do you have a copy of the email sale flyer ?
    i looked at their web page and didn't see anything about newsletter sign ups or sale flyers

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Do you have a copy of the email sale flyer ?
    i looked at their web page and didn't see anything about newsletter sign ups or sale flyers

Here is the content of the e-mail:

We invite you to our Grand Opening throughout the month of June celebrating new ownership and 65 years in business. At both locations in Valparaiso and Griffith there will be weekly specials, door prizes and drawings for some great products.

Starting now are deals on the Liberty Safe Ammo Can @ $299.99 (discounted $140) and the Centurion 24 @ $599.99 (discounted $200)!

Quantities are limited so hurry in!

My best,

Jeff Neeley

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I heard many claims that the 2 stores were under different ownership. That seems not to be the case if they were both sold at the same time to new ownership

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Dick Blythe, the founder of Blythe's, was in charge of both stores. His two sons ran the stores' day to day operations. Les ran the Valpo store and Roger ran the Griffith store. Both of their sons have decided not to take over the family business. Roger's son, Ryan, has a job in the finance field. David is Les' son and he is partners in Copper Custom. With no one willing to run the store a group of investors out in Utah purchased both Blythe's locations. I have been told that the Blythe family still has a smaller stake in the business. All of the employees have kept their job and the Valpo store continues to honor all range passes. Really nothing changed except the loss of Roger and Les

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    If the employees were all kept I hope they have gone through some customer service training. I have successfully avoided the Griffith shop for years due to terrible service and attitude by the people who worked there. I will give it another try as it is the closest shop to me.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Who knows maybe prices will get better. I've seen a plain jane S&W 5906 on their wall in Valpo for 550 about a yr or 2 ago.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    They have a 1006 right now in really nice shape. It has an adjustable rear sight and does not appears to have been fired much at all. Asking price is $950. I do not know if that is too high or not.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    They have a 1006 right now in really nice shape. It has an adjustable rear sight and does not appears to have been fired much at all. Asking price is $950. I do not know if that is too high or not.

Depends on if there are more than 1 mag, and box with papers. If two mags and in 85%+ then its not too bad. I think that may of been for sale for a good few months now.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    Where's the 1006 hanging? I haven't seen a 3rd gen Smith on the wall since 4th of July weekend last summer when they were closed and I couldn't call about it. The first place I look when entering the store is the S&W section of the wall and like everything else,......all I ever see is plastic.

Top Bottom