• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Murat Shrine is holding another Sportsman's Raffle. Tickets are $20 presale, and $25 at the door. Drawing will be held at Murat Shrine, 510 N New Jersey St. Ticket includes food and refreshments. 12p-5p. Each ticket is in all 90 drawings (it's possible to win all 90). The list of items is below.

Rules:
    Must be 18 to purchase a ticket.
    If gun is substituted, the value will be equal or greater.
    You must present your ticket at the door to enter the event.
    All local, state, and federal laws will be followed.
    Sales tax must be paid by the winner.
    Need not be present to win.

Proceeds to benefit Murat Shrine and are not deductible as a charitable donation. Indiana gaming license #142738

I have tickets for sale, but I can not accept paypal as I have done in the past due to internet taxation law changes. You can also purchase tickets from the Murat Fraternal Office, or any Murat Shriner. Cash or debit only (gaming rules). I can sell tickets face to face (Greenfield or Indianapolis) or by mail, but you need to send me cash. PM me if you want to do this. Previous ticket purchasers can vouch for my honesty.

This has been a good time in the past. Lots of side raffles for everything from Colts tickets to drones. If you come, you can easily eat and drink $20 worth, so no one is a loser!

2u53pg5.jpg

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    When I bought a ticket a couple of years ago, the gun prizes were converted into Gander Mountain gift cards that we were able to pick up at the Murat after the event. I wasn't even given the option to take the gun itself. Is that how its working this year (I see the note on the ticket), and if so, where will the gift cert be for?

Thank you.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Great question. To the first part, we don't have the guns on-site because of the logistics. We don't have the facility to properly secure, perform the required 4473, collect the sales tax, etc. Just think what would happen if a winner got delayed, or weren't present to pick it up. Murat just can't handle that.

As for Gander Mtn. I really don't know what's going on. What I do know is caught the committee by surprise. I'm trying to find some definitive answers on this topic since I've had a few people who've purchased from me every year decide no to because of that uncertainty. They may be working with another dealer or have these firearms secured with Gander. Either way, the gift card question is a point of concern for many. I'll keep you posted as I get more information.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I believe the gift card thing is also a way around the FFL laws. If they give you a gift card equal to the sticker price of a gun, they are giving you a gift card, not a gun. You dont need to be a FFL to give away a gift cert.

I'm in for a ticket. PM inbound.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Yeah...I completely understand the prizes in the form of gift certificates. I am going to run out Franklin Road to Blue River Arms on Saturday to pick up a couple of chances.

After all... "It's for the children!"

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Say hi to Tim for me. Blue River is always at our event with some side raffle items. They do a card raffle (1:52 odds) for choice and process the 4473 right there. And have some nice items on the table.

The gift card thing solves multiple problems. We have a few FFLs in the Shrine that could handle all the processing. But what if the buyer isn't there, or not a proper person, etc.? A GC and winner certificate can be mailed.

I also got an answer on the Gander Mtn. issue. Simply put, we're not using Gander Mtn. It's not a done deal yet, but Bass Pro/Cabelas will be our new partner.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Ok, thanks for the info. Already understood on reasoning for GC. That said, from a gun perspective, not too interested in Bass Pro or Cabelas, but could find plenty of other things to buy with a GC at Bass Pro.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Cabela's is going to be the partner this year. Still plenty of time to get tickets. I've only had 2 takers so far.

And, I also heard an interesting stat. Only 40% of the past winners took the guns. The rest used the gift cards for other merch. Kind of surprised me it was that low.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Cabela's is going to be the partner this year. Still plenty of time to get tickets. I've only had 2 takers so far.

And, I also heard an interesting stat. Only 40% of the past winners took the guns. The rest used the gift cards for other merch. Kind of surprised me it was that low.
    How do they even know?

The time I won, I was handed a gift card at the Murat.
    Are they tracking the purchases of each card?

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    No, just whether or not the "prize" item was taken or not. I guess it's possible the GC could have been applied towards a different gun.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No, just whether or not the "prize" item was taken or not. I guess it's possible the GC could have been applied towards a different gun.

I'm going with this answer.

If you are playing the game, odds are its because you want one of the guns on the list. If you didnt get THAT gun, there is a good chance you'll use the money to buy the one on the list you DID want.

I mean, what are the odds of winning the gun you want? And if you dont, since its a gift certificate, its easier to just buy what you do want than to take what you are given, sell it, and buy what you want later.

I may use my card for a new camping setup for the family. Another gun would be great, but the kids are interested in trying camping, but the wife has the necessary supplies VERY low on the priorities list.

Top Bottom