• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Unfortunately my son isn't old enough to partake, but was able to get some carbine training in and the rain holding off. Did anyone else get out on Fathers day for some range fun?.....

GUN.jpg

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Me and my daughter spent a couple hours at our Izzak Walton doing some shooting. She shot the 10/22(apparently didn't get enough yesterday at Winamac) and Mark 3 while i tried out my new px4. Always a good time. Got home after and made some homemade strawberry ice cream.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Me and my daughter spent a couple hours at our Izzak Walton doing some shooting. She shot the 10/22(apparently didn't get enough yesterday at Winamac) and Mark 3 while i tried out my new px4. Always a good time. Got home after and made some homemade strawberry ice cream.

Heck yea, sounds like a great day. Yea its funny how you just cant get enough 22 shooting at that age.. Or any age for that matter, lol

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Went with my brother and niece for a lovely couple of hours using the ammo we got for Father's Day presents. The range was mostly full of others doing the same. Special time!

Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    CameraMonkey and I went out to Proteq for the afternoon. We sighted in his 10/22, however we had more issues with my 10/22, so that is saved for next time. I did shoot my dad's Winchester 190 as well.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I did manage to get some range time in today. Took an Arsenal AK in 7.62, M1A, HK VP40 (yes you did read .40), and a G23, yes another .40. I had posted in another thread about .40 cal weapons, and recently picked these two up for great deals.

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    I did manage to get some range time in today. Took an Arsenal AK in 7.62, M1A, HK VP40 (yes you did read .40), and a G23, yes another .40. I had posted in another thread about .40 cal weapons, and recently picked these two up for great deals.

That warms my heart. I just got ripped on another forum for saying I really was hoping to pick up another .40 soon. Basically was told I was an idiot for buying a .40 as FBI and LEO are abandoning it and it is going away. Glad to see there is at least one other "idiot" still functioning in the shooting world. :D

SpartanHD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2016
    West Lafayette
    I was able to get out today with a couple new toys I picked up recently. First, a Colt 6720 with Eotech. Shot like a dream and I'm super impressed with my first Colt and Eotech. Had a Little Rock Island 38 that was super hard to get on paper. My uncle had a hard time too....was super frustrating. Overall, a fun time. Glad you could go too.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Got out to the range with one daughter and son-in-law and had a great time.

223 Gunner, if that was you at Gnawbone, thanks for letting me shoot your AK...very nice rifle.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    CameraMonkey and I went out to Proteq for the afternoon. We sighted in his 10/22, however we had more issues with my 10/22, so that is saved for next time. I did shoot my dad's Winchester 190 as well.

Yep. An awesome time, though I struggled with a finicky chrono that severely limited my ability to test my new reloading loads. I know what works well in my pistol. Not so much whether I'm within proper PF for IDPA. :xmad:

Oh, and according to my chrono, Im a stud and my G19 is made of indistructium. I shot this load and didnt even notice.

FPSFT-LBSPF
    :faint:

Haven noted his eyesight is limited with Tech Sights, I also noted that my vision is also starting to degrade to the point I need to abandon them soon. We each tried an Appleseed redcoat target (timed) with my newly zeroed 10/22. He couldnt see the 400m or shingle through the peep (but can through his 1x red dot). I could see them but couldnt hit them even though I could several years ago when I got my rifleman patch.

Its nice to know that I was able to zero my kids' 10/22 though. (I was able to hold nickel sized groups at 25yd)

Got out to the range with one daughter and son-in-law and had a great time.

223 Gunner, if that was you at Gnawbone, thanks for letting me shoot your AK...very nice rifle.

Another INGO missed connections thread? LOL

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    That warms my heart. I just got ripped on another forum for saying I really was hoping to pick up another .40 soon. Basically was told I was an idiot for buying a .40 as FBI and LEO are abandoning it and it is going away. Glad to see there is at least one other "idiot" still functioning in the shooting world. :D

LE Agencies are like any other corporation, weapon choice and caliber choice depend on what the budget is. Right now 9MM is cheaper.
    I don't ever see the .40 going away, it has been around since the 1990's and is still a very viable round. I have been taking advantage of all the .40 "hate" and getting some really good deals lately.

With a combination of the "Trump Slump", over saturation of guns in the market place, and summer being a time to traditionally get good deals, they're out there, you just have to look.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I arose at 4:30 and had scrambled eggs and coffee.
    Then finished loading up, took a wistful look around Friendship, and drove up to ol' Dad's house.
    DeadeyeChrista and her elder sister made it out to Grandpa's yesterday. My wife, sweet Loretta, brought some ham, German bologna, cheese, and rolls from the Losantville Amish walmart. Good stuff. Sharpshooter Shelby brought her beau, and both of my grandsons. We horsed around, visited, and took utv rides. It was glorious.
    After Shelby and the boys left, Christa swept and mopped the whole place, and then she and I shot up a target out behind the barn. Also glorious. That kid makes me so proud when she looks after her Grandpa like that.
    One of the better Fathers' days in recent memory.

On a side note, has anyone seen the luci?
    I had seen one a few weeks ago and thought it looked cheesey.
    Not so much!
    One of the fabulous Johnston boys had one in camp, and it was pretty cool!
    The other Johnston and I found one in Eder's store, and we both got one, plus I got one for Pop.
    If you haven't tried one, check it out! It's no double mantle coleman, but it works.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom